Mice love my Altima too....

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
dfox0001
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima SV

I have been having trouble with mice getting in my Altima blower motor. I have repaired the blower motor once, removing the dead mouse and replaced the blower motor a couple of weeks later but never found the critter only his blood. I believe I have another mouse in the car currently and am at my wits end. I have already tried moth balls in the glove box and then in the trunk once I discovered a nest near the spare tire. My husband parks his truck next to my car and has had no issues to our knowledge. Why my Altima? Anyone else having issues with this? Any suggestions on how to keep them away, I am tired of smelling like mothballs.....

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

I'd go straight for rat poison. They make it in an odorless pellet form that you could easily put somewhere and he'd be gone before you know it. Hopefully somewhere easy to get to. Or the tried and true mouse trap and cheese.

mlvisby
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL

My father had mice eat up a bunch of wires in his engine once. The mechanic said to throw some rat poison pellets underneath the car to try to stop it from happening.

dfox0001
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima SV

I actually ended up putting moth balls in the car. I put them in the glove box and the trunk of the car and that managed to keep them at bay. I smelled like an old lady everywhere I went but decided I would take the odd looks over the pricey damage to my car. We have since moved and my Altima is now garage kept. Thank you for the advice!

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”