mice in 2004 Quest

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
spongebob42
Car: 2004 Nissan Quest

Howdy all, so I recently purchased a used 2004 Nissan Quest nice van! I live out in the country and unfortunately mice are getting into the thing. I have been under the vehicle with lights pulled back interior carpet to no avail. I have placed live catch mouse traps nightly in the van and catch 1-3 mice a night. I didn't want to smash their guts all over the place or poison and have them die in some recessed area of the car. So I have one clue about their entry point. When I release the dirty little beasts from the trap I have noticed that they appear wet or greasy from head to toe. They appear to be squeezing through something where they are getting greasy or wet. This is happening while the weather here is bone dry so I don't think it is from the outside. I thought maybe the vent system for outside air to interior could be a possibility but if I heard correctly the external to internal duct comes from where the windshield wipers are just below and the vent holes are tiny no way for mouse to squeeze through. Any help, pointers, or insights as to why these critters are showing up wet would be greatly appreciated.

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

yea they can squeeze through there... i had a mouse chewed up some of the under-the -hood padding as well...

they can also enter through a rubber body plug/grommet, but start there i guess...

then there is also some type of vent that equalizes the pressure when you close your doors... air escapes out of that area so the windows won't "blow out" usually near the rear end of the vehicle covered by the plastic bumpers or can be found by peeling some interior trim pieces off to see the sheet metal
Its a PRV, or pressure release valve. It provides an outlet for air when you shut the doors, or you would pop your eardrums.
so that's another thing to check for...

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/quest/2004_Quest/bl.pdf

scroll down to page 247 & i'm guessing it's near #22

spongebob42
Car: 2004 Nissan Quest

Thanks Ricebike for the mice in Quest suggestions

Return to “Quest Forum”