Miami Heat

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
InfinitiEric

We need a Heat thread, because they're going to win the Finals :badger

InfinitiEric

They won tonight against the Bulls. I was in night class so I didn't get to see it. :frown:

I wanted to put down my thoughts about the first game vs. the Bulls in my OP, but I didn't have time then. So I'll do it now.

The Bulls came off of a fairly easy defeat of the Atlanta Hawks before the first game with the Heat. It was pretty evident before the the Bulls and Hawks played that the Bulls would come out as the champions. Hawks need much more leadership within the team and direction of game play, especially in the paint.

Now, while the Bulls were easing into the Hawks defeat and then had time to further relax their muscles and practice up for the conference finals, the Heat had one hell of a time against the Boston Celtics. Anyone who would try and stop me right there and say, "well they won 4-1 against the Celtics, it must not have been that hard", I'd say to them that they obviously did not watch the games and are only looking at statistics. It was horrendous for the Heat and I became an even bigger die-hard fan for the entire Heat team, and specifically Dwayne Wade, during those games. They have improved ten-fold since the '04 season.

Back to the first conference final game of the Bulls vs. Heat, the Heat loss was not too surprising for me. Disappointing - sure, surprising - not really. I knew they still had to catch their breath after the Celtics games and might not perform to their fullest going into the Bulls, possibly because their expectations from the Bulls defense and offense would be too low or because they were still too ecstatic from their win against the Celtics that they would be open to making more mistakes than usual. I think both were the case in the first game.

Moreover, it doesn't help that Derrick Rose was named the NBA MVP only a week prior. I had some respect for the kid before, but I swear I'm beginning to lose it now since he got that award. He's gotten a f*** huge head and ego since he got MVP and he thinks he's all that. Just watch the way he struts around the court now. Sure, Rose, give yourself a pat on the back for the award BUT REMIND YOURSELF THAT YOU NO MICHAEL JORDAN. He forgets that he's gotten far, but still has far to go to get anywhere in the NBA. Get real kid. Watch.. his head is going to keep expanding until it reaches the size of those people in the Starbursts commercials, then he's going to forget that he has teammates and hog the ball, probably leading to a crappy next season for the Bulls. Back to the conference finals vs. the Bulls - not only am I rooting for the Heat because they're my home team, but because I think the win is NECESSARY for the Bulls.. to keep Rose's ego in check.

InfinitiEric

I'm still so happy about the Heat win tonight. Hoping that they'll follow through in the upcoming two games on home court. Here's the game schedule for anyone that doesn't know:

Sunday, May 22: Chicago at Miami (Game 3 - Series tied 1-1) … 8:30 PM … TNT
Tuesday, May 24: Chicago at Miami (Game 4 - Series tied 1-1) … 8:30 PM … TNT

Anndddd………

InfinitiEric

HEAT ADVANCE TO THE FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbadberry3

If they play like they did against the bulls they're toast. They only won games 4+5 because of massive Bull's (Rose) chokes.

a.blanco0905
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

bigbadberry3 wrote:If they play like they did against the bulls they're toast. They only won games 4+5 because of massive Bull's (Rose) chokes.
I hate the Heat, but to imply that they played like sh*t against the bulls is _____________

*Fill in the blank*

They played great D and shutted down the MVP and were clutch when they needed to be, took advantage of every situation... I hope they dont play like that against Dallas, lmao.

InfinitiEric

Somehow I missed your comment bigbad, but :werd: for everything Blanco said except the last part haha.

They are playing great defense right now (24-24). Nowitzki is giving them some trouble though as expected..

InfinitiEric

Game tonight @ 9 on ABC. Heat are going to win again. I just placed my bets :biggrin:

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

Dallas did throw away their chance at stealing a win in Miami. I don't think the Heat will lose at home from here out. at the same time, I don't think Dallas will lose at home either. Either way I don't really care for basket ball at all but playoff games are always interesting to watch.

bigbadberry3

^ Dallas won one ^

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

I like Dallas winning. Post game these guys seem all grateful and humble. No chest thumping going on.

a.blanco0905
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

Not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7... lmmfao...

bigbadberry3

I'll take it :)

InfinitiEric

Man this sucks

InfinitiEric

driverdriver wrote:I like Dallas winning. Post game these guys seem all grateful and humble. No chest thumping going on.
Bosh was crying on the way back to the locker room. The Heat might be more show-boaty because of the expectations of them, but they've got just as much heart in the game that the Mavs did.

Oh and both Micky Arison and Pat Riley are a 1000000000000 times more intelligent than Mark Cuban, just had to say.

RCA

InfinitiEric wrote:We need a Heat thread, because they're going to win the Finals :badger
:picard: :facepalm: :facepalm2

InfinitiEric

RCA wrote:
InfinitiEric wrote:We need a Heat thread, because they're going to win the Finals :badger
:picard: :facepalm: :facepalm2
:mad:

bigbadberry3

RCA

Why didn't LeBron go to college?

He didn't want to show up for the finals.
Why are Lebron's clothes always dirty?

His laundry machine requires 4 quarters.
Maybe LeBron should try hockey. The NHL only has three periods.
Silly Lebron, rings are for Kidd!
Tomorrow is Lebron James day in Dallas.
Everyone gets to leave 12 minutes early.
Why couldn't LeBron have a shot with Beyonce? Because he couldn't put a ring on it.
What's the difference between p0rn stars and lebron? -- p0rn stars don't choke when it comes to the big ones.

bigbadberry3

:lolling:

InfinitiEric

Those are not funny

bigbadberry3

Heard about Space Jam 2 where LeBron switches teams and plays for the Monsters half way through ?

It's just a game :)

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

RCA wrote:
Why are Lebron's clothes always dirty?

His laundry machine requires 4 quarters.
This one had me rolling! :lolling:

RCA

Oh and if the Lebron hating wasn't enough...

A letter from the State of Ohio.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/57782937/Dallas-Mavericks

It makes all the 2011 Mavericks honorary Ohioans.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

InfinitiEric wrote:Those are not funny

Uh, some of them were. Here are a few more.

New definition of the word "pointless"
LeBron James in the 4th quarter.

What's the difference between Saturn and LeBron James:
Both are large and full of gas, but at least Saturn has rings.

Why did LeBron buy his Lamborghini with an automatic transmission?
he's not good in the clutch.

Why does LeBron only get served boneless Buffalo wings during the playoffs?
His tendency to choke.

InfinitiEric

Uh, no those jokes weren't at all funny to me because people have different senses of humor. I don't think cracking jokes at a team or players that worked their asses off the entire season and defeated all odds while being constantly subjected to "boos" and hate from almost every court they stepped on is very funny at all. It takes a special kind of rat to come in after and throw around insults at the Heat team or any other team after we all know how hard they took this. Bosh fell down crying on the way to the locker room if that's any indication of how much this affected at least one Heat player.

bigbadberry3

InfinitiEric wrote:Uh, no those jokes weren't at all funny to me because people have different senses of humor. I don't think cracking jokes at a team or players that worked their asses off the entire season and defeated all odds while being constantly subjected to "boos" and hate from almost every court they stepped on is very funny at all. It takes a special kind of rat to come in after and throw around insults at the Heat team or any other team after we all know how hard they took this. Bosh fell down crying on the way to the locker room if that's any indication of how much this affected at least one Heat player.
Defeated all odds (but that doesn't include a better team apparently)! They never ever made fun of anyone (except when they joked in the tunnel pregame to Dirk being sick)! And they're the only team that even tried(except for the other 31 teams in the league that worked just as hard)! Tonight I cry for you Miami.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

InfinitiEric wrote:Uh, no those jokes weren't at all funny to me because people have different senses of humor. I don't think cracking jokes at a team or players that worked their asses off the entire season and defeated all odds while being constantly subjected to "boos" and hate from almost every court they stepped on is very funny at all. It takes a special kind of rat to come in after and throw around insults at the Heat team or any other team after we all know how hard they took this. Bosh fell down crying on the way to the locker room if that's any indication of how much this affected at least one Heat player.
Whoa,
1. Every team worked their azzes off the entire season. One might argue that
LeBron took an easier job in Miami as they already had 2 all-star starters, making him less of a focus on offense, less pressure.
2. Miami was an overwhelming pre-season favorite to win it all, based on that stacked roster.
3. The way LeBron handled his signing with Miami did not endear him to his hometown fans who had supported him for many years made him fair game for criticism.
4. Most good players say that boos from opposing cities actually motivate them. If LeBron actually said he was impaired by away game boo's, then he's a weenie and in the wrong business.

InfinitiEric

Regardless of whatever you say, keep that s*** out of my thread. Thank you.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

InfinitiEric wrote:Regardless of whatever you say, keep that s*** out of my thread. Thank you.
Too late.

5. LeBron had the nerve to say at a recent press conference about the people rooting against him. “tomorrow they have to wake up and have the same life that (they had) before” . Add that nuggett to that self serving debacle he aired called "the decision", and there is a guy that deserves to get teased.

6. Trying to stifle opinions you disagree with on an open forum frequently results in more jokes.

Return to “The Sports Bar”