Metal Matrix Pads

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
vq35de
Car: G35 Sedan Leather 6MT

Any G owners use the Metal Matrix pads? Like em? How is the wear compared to factory pads.

Sean

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I know you were asking specifically about G35's but:

MetalMatrix have been successful in other Infiniti's and are the standard Stillen performance pad on 4100 lbs Q45.

As with all performance pads, cold braking will be somewhat less but hot braking stronger (after the first half seconds of braking, all pads operate under hot braking conditions, but at 0F it may take an extreme performance pad a bit longer to grab, as it will grab at a higher temp).

The more extreme the performance pad the more pronounced this phenomenon.

The Metal Matrix are still very streetable and while their hot braking is improved their cold beaking doesnt seem to suffer too much.

As a matter of fact, I didnt notice any loss of winter performance with them

Fred...:)

Aries
Car: LT1 240SS

I have thought of getting the Matrix's when I replace the G's brakes, but haven't really heard anything about them when used with Brembos.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I used to have Metal Matrix with the Brembo crossdrilled rotors on my last Q.

They worked WELL.

Fred...:)

vq35de

well for 40.00 a pair i think i am going to gamble with them. worse comes to worst i can always have the rotors turned 5000 miles later and throw some factory pads on.

I should have these on in a week to 10 days. anyone look at the G35 manual for me and see if they recommend shim/retainer clip replacement at this time? also, it looks like a two bolt operation, any guidance from you tech manual owners? I have been lazy and haven't bought my ESM yet.

sean

vq35de

Look at this as far as the metal matrix pads go. Mike Kojima (VERY wellknown Sentra SE-R racer) says the metal matrix pads are very good. Mike Kojima from SE-R.net says, "For the money, I think it's pretty hard tobeat Axxiss Metal Matrix pads, if you are a Solo competitor, or just drivehard. These pads last a long time, don't kill rotors, and are reasonable inthe cold (be careful at the first couple of morning stops!). These pads areabout ½ the price of carbon pads. They are even good for light use racepads. Best off (for me!) they make very little dust, minimizing cleaningchores."

Click link:http://www.se-r.net/car_info/b....html

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

Except for the moan and groan at low speed on the front with drilled rotors........millisecond before the final stop [coming to rest].............varies with vehicle application.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

I personally don't like the metal axxis pads, but that's just me. I thought their cold performance was horrible (seemed like it took forever to heat them up to operating temp), and they tore my rotors to hell.

However, they are cheap, and perform better than your typical $15 autozone set. Although, I prefer Porterfield pads. They are carbon pads, and 10x quieter, don't take any time to heat up, and don't fade (although it's hard to get axxis pads to fade also, but I *have* done it). The downside is that they are pretty dusty, and are about $75 a pair. But the choice is ofcourse yours :)

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”