Merry Christmas to All (except my Q70 AV module Grinch)

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
haleakalag

Well. Looks like the Grinch showed up out of the blue 2 days before Christmas. As some of you may remember, my 2017 Q70 AV control module went out last year. After multiple used modules and much help from this forum, the 3rd time was a charm in August. My excellent local mechanic inserted an exact match 2017 used Bose Av module and it instantly worked perfectly. That is, until picking friends up at Maui airport yesterday. The 3rd call to my friend didn’t disconnect. At that moment, the screen was frozen and all functions were non responsive. The audio was dead. No sound of any type. The steering column controls acted exactly like with previous defective modules. Wrong functions, or no functions. Turning car off and on, same thing. Display booted up but said “connecting” frozen same as the 3rd call. I was able to run self diagnosis. For the first time ever had a RED error message next to CONTROL UNIT, and error message said SSD ERROR. The happy Christmas ending though- when it rebooted it was totally normal, and repeat Self diagnosis was GREEN/normal. In 5 years of owning this car, 3 times a significant problem has resolved after running self diagnosis. This was the worst. So, QUESTIONS: Does this sound like a potential very bad problem again, like an intermittent bad part? Or just a known occasional glitch of an old system ?? 2. WHAT IS SSD ERROR - couldn’t find that in any AV manual. Thanks much, and to all a good night.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Merry Christmas! :)

Yoda's Master
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z

the unit should have an internal solid state drive. try tear apart your old one and swap the drive.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”