Mechanics in Michigan?

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
craaazy
Car: 1992 Nissan 300ZX 2+2

Hello all,
Richard here. Purchased my 1992 300zx 2+2 in Arizona a few years ago. Moved up to Michigan (Hale) and am looking for a mechanic to give my car a tune-up. In the three years I've had my baby, never had a tune-up. I don't feel comfortable with the mechanics in my home town due to the fact the refer to my car as a "a foreign". Not "a foreign Car", but just "a foreign." Chevy, Ford and GMC nuts up here, I guess. :crazy:
ANYWHO, would like to find someone close to me. If ANYONE has suggestions, please let me know.
Thank you for your time
Richard

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Welcome to Nicoclub!

Hopefully someone will be able to chime in with some advice. Finding a reliable and trustworthy mechanic can be difficult. That's one of the reasons many of us wrench on our own cars.

craaazy
Car: 1992 Nissan 300ZX 2+2

I appreciate you're getting back to me. Unfortunately, I'm not a mechanic. I can do the basics with a car, but when it comes down to messing with my 300, would rather have someone who knows what they're doing.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Richard,

NICOclub has a very strong long-time member in your area who would be able to help as a mechanic for your Z.

"Dexter" lives in Hemlock (outside Saginaw). I touched base with him this morning and he told me to ask you to reach out to him via private message on NICO.

dexter-u32945.html

See if you can shoot him a PM and connect. He's a great guy and an expert mechanic!

kahlilj
Car: 2006 FX35

Anyone else with michigan mechanic referrals? I recently moved here and need to find a shop pronto.

Jesda

There's like 5 people in Hale. If you've never met the town mechanic at the local diner then he doesnt exist.

kahlilj
Car: 2006 FX35

Jesda wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:15 pm
There's like 5 people in Hale. If you've never met the town mechanic at the local diner then he doesnt exist.
Sooo I'm not in Hale. I'm in Clinton, a bit lower in the mitten. Do you know of any in the SE area of Michigan?

Jesda

Curt's Service in Royal Oak is phenomenal. They charge more than most independents but they're excellent at accurate diagnostics, do quality work, and their workshop is like an operating room. I was referred to them by the Michigan Miata group.

I used to take my cars to a friend who worked at Suburban Exotic Cars but he died recently.

Return to “General Chat”