Me, Me, Me... and Me! Camel Poll?

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

So, I've decided to go with some seat covers... (If I'm going to be sleeping in my interior, I'd like to be able to wash it... ya dig?)

And these seem very reasonably priced and washable (yay) but now the hard part... color...

yipe!

The eBay listing

... I know which one I'm leaning towards... but any input would help...I'm making curtains for the Camel outta red canvas (they will be permanently attached above the windows - one on each side and one in back - but the front one will be removable - for obvious reasons...)

matt_a

hmmm....I don't know. I mean, the blue would look great if it matched the car. But if it's not the same it might not look right. You also have a lot of red accents, so maybe the red? The solid black is a safe bet...just not as interesting.

Great White Versa
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S HB 6sp

why are you going to be sleeping in your car?

Peachey
Car: 1.8 SL Hatchback

I heard that seat covers prohibit the side airbags from deploying.

KimberKenobi

I sleep in the Camel often... like random road trips etcetera... plus, we're going on vacation June 13-16 and planned on using the Camel as a tent instead of buying a tent... I mean, I already have a Camel... ;oD

Plus, I have a small child... seat covers are a wise idea...

As for Peachey's comment... All seat covers manufactured for seats with side airbags should be designed to allow the airbag to deploy... will destroy the seatcover... but not a big deal (IMHO) since you've already destroyed the seat...

DejaWiz
Car: See sig for details.

I like the blue and black combo. Would probably look really good in your car.

Dreamin
Car: Versa SL

Hi Kimber,

I'm looking for seat covers also, could you please tell me where you found these? I couldn't find them for the back seat. Been using a sheet. Thanks.

Mr. LS

Dreamin wrote:Hi Kimber,

I'm looking for seat covers also, could you please tell me where you found these? I couldn't find them for the back seat. Been using a sheet. Thanks.
Reading>YOU she posted it in the original post with the ebay link.

The eBay listing

KimberKenobi

Hey, the eBay link is there and the implication is that it is all the seats (8-piece set)

Good luck... at least they're cheap enough to play around with...

Dreamin
Car: Versa SL

AAHH, Now I see it Thanks.

Vahagn23
Car: NIssan Versa S

Black and White

KimberKenobi

rofl!

not in the Camel!!

Upon further inspection... I think I want the black/gary seat covers...

kam472
Car: versa

Kimber, if u do get them, could u please post pics of actual product and how the EBay shipment went? I'm really interested in those too..seems like its a good find. OH, by the way..it says 8 pc set...if i'm correct i see a back seet cover, 2 front seat covers, stearing wheel and 2 seat belts pads(thats 6 pcs isn't it?) or am i miscounting something? THNX

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

I thought that having the seat covers shouldn't be a problem with side airbags. Doesn't the airbags deploy near the seatbelt mechanism?

KimberKenobi

The only thing I can figure is 2 headrest covers... but then I guess the backseat headrests are attached to the rest of the cover??

for $36 I'm willing to be the guinea pig...

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

what, no blue/red option? :P
KimberKenobi wrote:Upon further inspection... I think I want the black/gary seat covers...
What did poor Gary ever do to you?!

KimberKenobi

Ever Victorious wrote:what, no blue/red option? :P
I discussed it... but I think that would make my eyes bleed...

kc5f
Car: Versa SL HB CVTs - 2008 (daughter), 2007's (both RIP). I'm now in a silver 2012, my son a silver 2015 Note, my wife a bright yellow 2016 Juke.

KimberKenobi wrote:The only thing I can figure is 2 headrest covers... but then I guess the backseat headrests are attached to the rest of the cover??
Well, the eBay page also states, "Please put an note with paypal payment to let us know the bulb size and kelvin you need so we can send out the order for you asap." Maybe you're getting headlight covers, too? Or maybe you get little map lights in each seat cover!

KimberKenobi

kc5f wrote:Well, the eBay page also states, "Please put an note with paypal payment to let us know the bulb size and kelvin you need so we can send out the order for you asap." Maybe you're getting headlight covers, too? Or maybe you get little map lights in each seat cover!
rofl... I noticed that too... And all the 'related listings' at the bottom are for headlamps...

we'll see what happens... I'll probably place my order today or tomorrow...

Peachey
Car: 1.8 SL Hatchback

KimberKenobi wrote:As for Peachey's comment... All seat covers manufactured for seats with side airbags should be designed to allow the airbag to deploy... will destroy the seatcover... but not a big deal (IMHO) since you've already destroyed the seat...
Ah ok, good to know. My sister in law is insistent that I get seat covers, even tho I don't want them. I have a feeling I'll be saying "Can I have the receipt" at Christmas.

Also, Black Blue is coolest.

bulld0g
Car: 2007 Versa SL " Bulld0g Edition "

KimberKenobi wrote:
rofl... I noticed that too... And all the 'related listings' at the bottom are for headlamps...

we'll see what happens... I'll probably place my order today or tomorrow...
hope the work out for ya ......I had been looking at these too

Gr8dave37
Car: 2008 Blue Onyx Versa S

I had been looking at those as well...but the airbag issue really has made my decision for me. If you notice...there is an airbag tag on the front seats, back side, near the zipper. I really do want seatcovers for when I take the dogs in the car, but I don't want to chance not having my airbags not working properly.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Gr8dave37 wrote:I had been looking at those as well...but the airbag issue really has made my decision for me. If you notice...there is an airbag tag on the front seats, back side, near the zipper. I really do want seatcovers for when I take the dogs in the car, but I don't want to chance not having my airbags not working properly.
Properly designed seat covers do not affect air bag deployment. Take, for example, COVersaSL's Katzkins leather seat covers. They're designed for proper deployment.

As long as they're not your Wal-Mart specials, you're probably fine. Of course, you could always ask the manufacturer first before you buy if you're concerned.

faction
Car: Versa

I like the black/blue.

I'd be concerned with red...too much and your Camel might start looking like the LoveCamel. Just add a mirror on the ceiling and a discoball,(maybe a lavalamp). Throw in some Tom Jones and voila! Bowchickabowbow!

edit: ****oh wait! I was thinking all red, not black/red. That tones it down a little. ***

Bubs daddy
Car: 2007 Versa SL
ABS, CVT

I'd pick the red cover to match your hair.

KimberKenobi

faction wrote:I'd be concerned with red...too much and your Camel might start looking like the LoveCamel. Just add a mirror on the ceiling and a discoball,(maybe a lavalamp). Throw in some Tom Jones and voila! Bowchickabowbow!

edit: ****oh wait! I was thinking all red, not black/red. That tones it down a little. ***
... (russian accent) and this is bad thing? yes?
Bubs daddy wrote:I'd pick the red cover to match your hair.
rofl! I was leaning toward the red/black ... my iPod is red/black ;oD

Plus the only blue accent is on the stereo-section of the dash... that can be changed...

KimberKenobi

So I did place my order today...I requested black headrests... we'll see what I get... $37 so I hope they're at least good enough (and arrive in time) for my camping trip in 2 weeks... God, I've got to get started on the curtains...

Gr8dave37
Car: 2008 Blue Onyx Versa S

So I sent an email to the seller just cuz..relative to them being compatible with the side impact airbags in the versa...I got a one word anser....

NO...

instills confidence for me..but then again like I said..airbags functioning for me is something I want over looks..

KimberKenobi

well... that's awesome.

Oh well, I intend for them to protect my seats while I'm sleeping... I can probably take them to CoachCraft and have the side seams redone if it comes to that...

faction
Car: Versa

Bubs daddy wrote:I'd pick the red cover to match your hair.
Bowchickabowbow!!!

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”