maybe stupid Q.. but can an Auto ECU work with Manual?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Jubs180
Car: my 240sx, my computers, my anime collection, learning spanish and japanese, and of course, My beauti

well....can it??

I got my current 91 240 which was a california model, meaning it had different emissions and a Exhaust Temp sensor on the engine.wellll... I had a pervious 91 that had been totalled but ran much much better than the new 91.. new 91 leaked oil, knocked loud, just didn't run well.I needed a new clutch anyway.... I had the wrecked 91 so I just decided to swap the two motors..I did.. and as soon as I fired up my new 91 with the old 91 motor in it, i got a check engine light.

both are 5spds... but old one wasn't a california model, so the engine had different parts.

I did this months ago, the old car is long gone, so no chance of swapping the ECU's.. i Never figured it out until now.

I checked the ECU for the trouble code.. got a 34 and 35Detonation sensor, and Exhaust temp sensor...

I think this has reason to do with why my car is running like CRAP..total lack of low end power..... sputters up in the revs.. I already changed many parts

got new plugswires are finenew O2 sensornew PCV valvecleaned air filterI change my oil regularly with mobil 1I figured it might be a fuel problem....but there is no trouble code being given for that.

so now I am wondering if it is just the ECU....being a california model with a non california engine.

the junk yard near me has 3 91+ 240s..... ALL Auto!

think it would work? or am I out of luck for that..

Long post..sorry

-Dan

Daunttless

No, an auto will not work with a manual.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”