Maybe gettgin

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
jankenpo30

This is in GREAT condition with only 39k miles, looks brand new....but..BUTI want to know the major issues. I know this is 1st year it was made which makes a tad wary. I know about the brake issues as I have a friends with Armadas, Tundras, and even the M35 like I already have.

Any other major deals with this vehicle?

What is maximum Zenrin Nav disk will it accept?

I've done the DVD/Nav hack on my M35, can this be done on it too?

I tried looking for previous discussions. So I don't mine if someone post links.

Thanks.
Modified by jankenpo30 at 4:02 PM 7/18/2008

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

2004 Armada / QX56?????

jankenpo30

Sorry QX56

Timmbo

jankenpo30 wrote:This is in GREAT condition with only 39k miles, looks brand new....but..BUTI want to know the major issues. I know this is 1st year it was made which makes a tad wary. I know about the brake issues as I have a friends with Armadas, Tundras, and even the M35 like I already have.

Any other major deals with this vehicle?

What is maximum Zenrin Nav disk will it accept?

I've done the DVD/Nav hack on my M35, can this be done on it too?

I tried looking for previous discussions. So I don't mine if someone post links.

Thanks.
- Brake issues and possibly some rattles

- 6.6 is the latest version for your vehicle

- You sure can get the DVD video to play on your front Nav screen. I am not sure if it is done the same way your M35 was done. You're in luck, I recently traded my '04 QX56 in on an '08 Armada. On your '04 you will need to puchase a switch unit from TV and Nav 2 Go. You then pop in a toggle switch to flip your nav screen from Nav to DVD.

jankenpo30

Timmbo wrote:
- Brake issues and possibly some rattles

- 6.6 is the latest version for your vehicle

- You sure can get the DVD video to play on your front Nav screen. I am not sure if it is done the same way your M35 was done. You're in luck, I recently traded my '04 QX56 in on an '08 Armada. On your '04 you will need to puchase a switch unit from TV and Nav 2 Go. You then pop in a toggle switch to flip your nav screen from Nav to DVD.
Yeah sounds like exactly what I did on my M. Go SPDT switch, and some CAT5, intercept the vehicle in motion sensor and emergency brake sensor. And override with the switch. Thanks for the other info.
Modified by jankenpo30 at 7:17 PM 7/18/2008

Timmbo

jankenpo30 wrote:
Yeah sounds like exactly what I did on my M. Go SPDT switch, snda some CAT5, intercept the vehicle in motion sensor and emergency bake sensor. And override with the swtich. Thanks for the other info.
NO, NO, NO!!!!! You don't have to worry about the motion senor or the E-brake on the '04!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS! I would be glad to help.

jankenpo30

Timmbo wrote:
NO, NO, NO!!!!! You don't have to worry about the motion senor or the E-brake on the '04!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS! I would be glad to help.
O really...yeah hit me with the details. or shoot me a link.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”