Maybe buying a 69 620 pickup ?

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
adl16v
Car: 96 Toyota Soarer (TT swapped) current
93 z32 - sold
89 s13 - sold

Hi im looking at purchasing a 1969 Datsun 1600 pickup owner says it runs great and strong he is askin 1000 it currently has WILDWOOD DISC BRAKE CONVERSION,WEBER CARB,K&N filter,Enkie rims,dual point distributor,accel coil,comes with custom rear swaybar,4 speed (I just cut and paste onto here)

Since its the 1600 I would think it is coming with the L16 motor correct? I have another car I drive everyday but im just looking for a new project I have had a few old corolla's and such but I really just want to know how reliable these engines are and can I drive it evey once and a while to work 20mi commute if it is in good running condition like he says. Im new to the Datsun scene engine work seems easy just by looking. I really looking in buying this truck is there anything I should look at or ask before buying and is 1000 a good deal?

thanks
Modified by adl16v at 2:05 PM 2/18/2009

phlebmaster
Car: 1973 240z L26 4spd rip roar and ready to go!

Wow! That sounds like a nice rig. I would want to test drive it and look it over real good first...but if all turns out well then it is a good deal.

The 1600 would indicate the engine size.

Here is a good example: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sc....html

Hahahaha...wait that IS the same truck.

adl16v
Car: 96 Toyota Soarer (TT swapped) current
93 z32 - sold
89 s13 - sold

HAHA you found it, hopefully I can see it today after work, it is not far from home just a wild road up and back to this town hope it will make it down if I get it haha.

Return to “Datsun Chat”