May have found legal skylines in AZ?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
SnaFu337
Car: 1993 300zxTT

This goes back to a post a wile ago from NightXCZ77 about selling skylines in AZ. He said in the past they were able to get VIN #’s and register them as “show cars“. Well I saw a JDM 240sx on eBay and noticed it was him from a link to his website night7racing.com he had a picture of the new VIN in the driver door and a picture of some kind of DOT paperwork. So I called the Arizona DMV and asked them about the VIN # and they said it was totally legal and just needed to pass AZ emissions (big deal) So I am wondering if this guy is legit, what do u all think? Here is a link to the Ebay auction it’s a few weeks old but should still work http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...%3AITYou think he can go through the same process for a skyline? If he could how would it be insured? Any one have pictures of what the U.S. VIN# look like on Motorex imported skylines? :confused:

1990BNR32

that car in that auction was not modified to meet DOT and EPA standards. that is an outright lie. just because it can pass state emissions doesn't mean that it's EPA compliant. it is easy to get a foreign car registered in most states, that doesn't mean that the car is federally legal.

SnaFu337
Car: 1993 300zxTT

If a car does not meet DOT and EPA standards and u get it registered with plates/emissions and all. What could happed if u get pulled over? If a cop were to ask for some kinda’ proof or something what would u need to show him? If you looked at the auction for the SILVIA what was the deal with that DOT paperwork?

Onizuka
Car: 91 coupe w/s13 SR20DET 89 hatch w/s14 SR20DE

SnaFu337 wrote:What could happed if u get pulled over?

First the car would be impounded, then it would be crushed, then you would be fined. :)

[Zero-S]
Car: Tell me whats wrong with this picture. 3 240's, only one runs.

Which all = ouch:(

1990BNR32

actually nothing will happen to you if you get pulled over. the car is perfectly legal according to state law if it is registered and passes state safety and emissions. the cops have no clue about federal standards or anything like that. what you have to worry about is NHTSA finding out about the car and then having them sick customs on you for owning and operating an illegally imported vehicle.

Nurv
Car: performance engineering, rc cars, beer, tits

Cameron@Night7 Racing debated quite a bit with Sean Morris about the importation and legalizing conditions. Im amazed and somewhat proud of him for getting it titled which isnt that easy but cant say I havent see weird **** in AZ. There is a S15 Spec R on the roads in the greater Phoenix area. I never could get a hold of the owner but he could have done the same as Cameron did. Anyways back to the point..I would imagine it onnly worked because that car is somewhat availible in the states but I imagine if you tried that with a skyline that would probably a different ballgame alltogether. just my .02. Nurv Racing does not ever have intentions to import cars for customers but rather import parts and a R32 GTR for a shop car.

-Mike

GEO
Car: 95 240sx KA-T

LEGALIALTY is awesome.

gabossie
Car: Your mom

He's actually registered 2 or 3 skylines and 2 S13 silvias. I suppose federally, you could run a risk, but I think it's probably less of a risk than driving an SR 240 around, or anything of that sort. Especially in CA.

AREITU

Night7 is in hiding from people who want refunds.

SienSil80
Car: 88' R31 Skyline
85' DR30 Skyline
85' AE86 Trueno
65' RT40 Corona

I am interested to hear more about this. I live in Sacramento and I was at a drift style car meet in south area and a real RHD legal S14 pulled in and parked in the little car show area. Everyone was looking it over. It had legal plates and VINs and everything.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Just because you see a RHD S13 or S14 doesn't mean it is illegal. You *can* take an actual 240SX and convert it to RHD. I know someone who has done that.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”