Maxima VS Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Tomsoxfan
Car: 2005 nissan maxima

am I crazy for thinking about trading my 05 Maxima with 30K miles for a new Rogue ?

BrianV
Car: 07 G35S 6MT, 02 MDX-T AWD

I don't think so. You'll miss the power and the smoothness of the VQ35, but the Rogue is actually pretty fun to drive.

My g/f and I drove an 06 Maxima and 06 Murano back to back and felt the Murano was sportier feeling and more fun to drive; go figure. The Maxima felt more luxurious, more Cadillac like, but the Murano had more of an edge to it. The Rogue has just as much if not more edge.

It's not an apples-to-apples comparison and I own an SUV and a sports sedan, but if I had to have one car, the Rogue is more practical and economical so I say go for it. What trim Maxima did you have? A loaded Maxima will be quite a bit more luxurious.

Tomsoxfan

I bought the Maxima used last year. its a V6, SE

BrianV

Tomsoxfan wrote:I bought the Maxima used last year. its a V6, SE
Leather, Nav, elite package, etc? I think the SEs don't come as equipped so I'm sure you wouldn't be missing out on much except maybe auto climate control (LOL, I get that stab in whenever I can).

I say go for it, I felt the Rogue was incredibly roomy and had a very comfortable driving position.

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

BrianV wrote:
Leather, Nav, elite package, etc? I think the SEs don't come as equipped so I'm sure you wouldn't be missing out on much except maybe auto climate control (LOL, I get that stab in whenever I can).

I say go for it, I felt the Rogue was incredibly roomy and had a very comfortable driving position.
"I'm sure you wouldn't be missing out on much except maybe auto climate control (LOL, I get that stab in whenever I can)."I suggest we have BrianV's name changed to BrianV/Autoclimate control.

BrianV

That means in every post, including the ones I don't mention it, I'd be mentioning it.

Phenomenal idea! Do it, do it, do it.

Tomsoxfan

i dont have leather seats, but the maxima does have a sunroof. I almost passed out when I had to replace one of the tires last fall (18") and it cost $250

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Tomsoxfan wrote:i dont have leather seats, but the maxima does have a sunroof. I almost passed out when I had to replace one of the tires last fall (18") and it cost $250
Yeah the large tires are pricey. Doesn't the 09 Murano have 20'' tires. Thats gona hurt the wallet at replacment time. Further after looking at tirerack.com the P235/55R20 all-season tires on some of the murano models are not even readly availble, I hope that changes by replacement time or the price maybe a major pain in the wallet.

Return to “Rogue Forum”