maxima inners and extended LCA questions

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Cansai_Drifto
Car: 1990 240sx SOHC with a shwak of goodies

So, today I bought a left and right Maxima 2000-2003 inner tie rods, and I have brand new lower control arms.

My first question would be, the maxima inners are 1.8" longer than my old s13 inners. Should I extend my LCA by 1.8" as well then? Or is that too much?

My second question would be the strut towers... if I extend my lower control arm, will I need adjustable strut mounts? Or can I just run stock ones if I don't need any more camber than extending my LCA provides?

Any help would be sick :bigthumb: I'm fairly new to this, I took my completely stock 240sx from a rust bucket to something fun and low, pretty and slidey, I'm just excited to get that "stance life" and get some propper camber and adjustments for drifting before turboing the car :woot:

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hey, what kind of front lower control arms did you get? I'd like to see what kind of adjustment they have. I suppose the part that connects to the torsion rod would be fixed in length and that the end can move independently of that. With such long tie rods, I'd think you'd want to absorb some of that length with the tie rod ends screwed on pretty far (while leaving a bit of room for alignment adjustments). You'd then want to extend the lower control arms to make up the difference. That's gonna up your camber a bit. 1.8" seems like a lot to me, but IDK for sure. I'd do my best to reduce that number. So, camber plates could help some and a set of camber bolts. The eccentric ones that mount your knuckle to the strut. Those combined will buy you a few degrees of camber back towards stock, which is good for tread wear. Also, with those new tie rods, do they have lots of thread length? If so, maybe you can add some of the spacers to your steering rack and increase angle.

Sorry I can't help much. Have fun!

Cansai_Drifto

centralcoaster33 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:22 pm
Hey, what kind of front lower control arms did you get?
The control arms are stock ones, literally just new factory LCA with ball joints and bushings. I plan on cutting and splicing, can tig it up nice and strong and as long or short as I want, in shooting for -6 degrees camber. Where can you buy camber bolts/eccentrics from? Never had to before so I'm new to it

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Well, they're kind of a generic part, being just a bolt, but a few places make them like SPL Whiteline, Eibach, Ingalls, etc. I'd probably shop online and search 240sx front camber bolts for quick results. If you look to the right of our pages, near the bottom, you see vendor ads. These are our approved vendors/ sponsors. Many of them give us a small discount for being members of NICO Club (like 10%). You can refresh your page and the ads will change showing you more options of retailers (we only have a few, not hundreds). I really like the team at FR Sport. I'd probably just call them and talk about it to start. Enjuku racing is good. The Everything Nissan people are a good bet...

Cansai_Drifto

centralcoaster33 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:09 pm
Well, they're kind of a generic part, being just a bolt, but a few places make them like SPL Whiteline, Eibach, Ingalls, etc. I'd probably shop online and search 240sx front camber bolts for quick results. If you look to the right of our pages, near the bottom, you see vendor ads. These are our approved vendors/ sponsors. Many of them give us a small discount for being members of NICO Club (like 10%). You can refresh your page and the ads will change showing you more options of retailers (we only have a few, not hundreds). I really like the team at FR Sport. I'd probably just call them and talk about it to start. Enjuku racing is good. The Everything Nissan people are a good bet...
That's awesome! Thank you so much this has been super useful for me I'll have to check some of that out!

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”