maxima compressor replacement

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
rjwig
Car: 2002 qx4

I'm replacing the compressor and condenser/filter dryer. The old compressor had about 1/4 oz. oil come out of it.I believe the new compressor should have more oil than that added. I'm adding oil for the condenser according to Nissans chart but am concerned about the quanity for the compressor.I can't find a recommended amount for the compressor.

rjwig

Another comment: The system was empty when I got it. I realized I'll look at the under hood sticker, I believe it said 5 oz. The Nissan chart said 2.5 oz for the new condenser. That would leave 2.5 oz. But I assume there is oil left in the system.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Compressors have a drain-and-check procedure that's different from other A/C components. You'll find reference to it in the R&R section for the compressor in the FSM. In general, even a couple ounces extra won't hurt anything. It takes a pretty serious overfill to screw up operation. So if you have to err, err over and not under.

rjwig

Thanks for the reply.That helps me decide what to do.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”