Matsushita/Mitsubishi repair kit for HID -awesome

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
O5Q45
Car: 2005 Q45 Base sedan

My friend EdBWoy here on the forum has very kindly allowed me to email him and I greatly appreciate his advice that has never been wrong-

I have replaced 3 sets of ballasts each time replacing with OEM. Yet again this week the passenger Matsushita ballast bit the dust again, yet this time full of water..

The retrofit source has a AWESOME solution for the F50 quagmire of HID problems..

On the site, you select HID SYSTEMS VEHICLE SPECIFIC, and scroll to the bottom and you will see Matsushita/Mitsubishi repair kit.
It includes new ballasts, igniters, brackets, and bulbs. The kit is made by Morimoto and has proven themselves very reliable high quality parts. The Q’s system requires a 35w set up and this kit is designed specifically for our cars and carry’s a 5! Year warranty if I remember correctly
Check it out and no more bumper, grill, face removal of the Q. I hope this is the last time I tear into the front end.. my clips and connections are beginning to wear as they are not really designed for repeated usage! With overnight shipping ($47) the total was $217.00- for the kit.. everything you need in one click-

EdBwoy

I hate to be lazy here, but could you link exactly what you bought for future searches? Or part numbers, etc.
Just to be specific, how does your purchase solve the ever-blowing ballast issue? Also, it seems like you're saying it should make future replacements easier since you don't have to disassemble the front, correct?

To the forum at large:
No, I'm not holding out on info and stashing it in private convos. Mr. Nick emailed me asking if I knew how to convert the Q's lights into LEDs. His ballast kept blowing and filling with water and he was tired of repeating it. I would be too.

I said, for one the F50 gatling gun system was considered one of the world's best systems when it came out. If anything, I know of people borrowing these units for other projects. In that light, I didn't know that much about the modification of headlights, but I recommended theRetrofitSource would know and advice if/how they can be modified and that he contact them.
*However, I also recommended he address the root cause of his ballasts filling with water. Maybe silicone seal them as an intermediate step.

O5Q45
Car: 2005 Q45 Base sedan

Yes of course- I’ll post a link to the repair kit at the bottom here. Yes this fixes the blowing ballast issue because you get a new ballast and ignitor .. it allows you to place the ballast in the area of your choosing.. and has a bracket.. according to the contact I made with the retrofit source the ballasts that come in Nissan and Infiniti’s of this era have proven to be very problematic and have 5 generations yet still problematic.. as I stated in a previous post all the Mitsubishi parts on my Q have given me the only problems I’ve had. Starter, alternator, ballasts.. all Mitsubishi electrics.. anyways, here is the link - and yes to replace the bulbs you will still have to remove the front end..

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-s ... r-kit.html

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”