master cylinder clearance issues

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
poshatch
Car: p.o.s. 1990 240sx hatch

ok so here is the problem

i have like a 4mm gab between my turbo exhaust housing and my brake master cylinder, i had to go back to a standard bmc instead of the z32 that i had and id like to put that back in also i have the brake lines bent a bunch but they still hit the elbow and even though its heat wrapped i was told its going to get cooked pretty badly and i believe it but at the moment there isn't much i can do about that they are bent as far as i really can

here is the current situation:

manifold looks like this:

so i want to know if i can fix this situation with this:

yes its ebay, thats why im asking if anybody has experience with this manifold?

the one i have is centered between cylinder 2 and 3 and that seems to be the issue

this one shifts it to about center with cylinder 2 so it SHOULD solve the problem, any input or suggestions on the matter?

Thanks!

poshatch

bump

nobody has any info for me? i just need a cheap, simple manifold that clears well

i know there is people out there with working kat's CHIME IN!

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

The ebay one should give you a little more room, still may be tight. My turbo is close to Z32 bmc, but just have DP wrapped and bmc heat shield.

poshatch

i dont really mind tight i just dont want cooking i got my downpipe wrapped as well and i got some extra sheet metal laying around ill make a heat shield to help the the radiant heat from the housing, thanks for the reply and the input ill probably get that today then!

if you had a fitment picture that would be awesome!

any issues cooking your fluid? the car isnt a daily it will be on blast or just sitting so i need to be sure everything can survive the extreme

biggie

Mine isn't exactly the same, its the SSAC tublar type, but may be close to that one. Haven't had any issues.

poshatch

that set up looks like fantastic clearance, i really hope that i get something close to that with this manifold, im going to wait a little longer to see if i can get any other suggestions on the manifold before i get it as well as do some more research.

biggie

What is the turbo? Its size may have something to do with it as well.

poshatch

its a t3t4, so its just a t3 hot side it should fit ok i just think the manifold should place the flange slightly closer to the head/valve cover and c*** it a little less towards the BMC

poshatch

that manifold fixed the clearance issues but it is a very s*** manifold so yea

Chris28
Car: 92 s13 KA-T

I just bought that manifold, it's going on once my engine is built. Any pictures of it installed? I agree quality isn't the best, but anything stand out to you while installing it?

poshatch

oh boy ahaha wellll....

i got most of the info on here: http://corydangah.wordpress.com/

but ill post some pics here too

thats how off the holes are on mine

new

old

up side is its a LOT farther from the BMC downside is it needs a LOT of modification at the ports in order for it to flow as it should

also i had to drill the flange a bit for the stud in the head to travel enough for the manifold to sit flat on the manifold as well as my holes were undersized and off-center from what they should have been so i had to drill them out

more details in the link but thats the jist of it, i got it on and ran into other problems but honestly for the price even with the modification it was worth it to put it that far from the BMC

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”