Mark MaGuire finally admits to using steroids.

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Yep, after 5 years, and one career ruining congressional non-testimony, he finally admitted to using steroids, including during his record breaking home run year. Okay, not exactly shocking.

Thoughts?

I think he'll pick up a few HOF votes for finally admitting using PED's but I suspect he's going to still be well short of getting inducted.

UpStar
Car: Y34,CLK500,ML350,H2 Hummer & they all have a spot in the garage.

amazing! Next, I want to see A-Fraud Rodriquez totally fess up along with the other riff raffs in the MLB.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I thought A-Fraud already did fess up.

I think next up is publishing the entire list of players that failed that test a few years back. Better to get it all out in the open now than one at a time.I don't see baseball moving forward until all the users are identified.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Thank God. This whole thing has been like a christmas present that you knew about because you saw it in the attic, but you had to pretend you didn't know and then get really extcited when you opened it up on christmas day. Everyone knew he did it...it was just a matter of waiting.

I don't think he'll ever get the HOF. While some of the writers like Jayson Stark make points that "hundreds" of players used the needle during that era of baseball, that doesn't make it right in my mind...if everyone jumped off a bridge, should I do so as well?

Roger Maris still holds the record in my book.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

marlin29311 wrote:Thank God. This whole thing has been like a christmas present that you knew about because you saw it in the attic, but you had to pretend you didn't know and then get really extcited when you opened it up on christmas day. Everyone knew he did it...it was just a matter of waiting.

I don't think he'll ever get the HOF. While some of the writers like Jayson Stark make points that "hundreds" of players used the needle during that era of baseball, that doesn't make it right in my mind...if everyone jumped off a bridge, should I do so as well?

Roger Maris still holds the record in my book.
I agree. I enjoyed reading Goose Gossage's comments. He said there should be no place in Cooperstown for McGwire or any other player who used performance-enhancing drugs.

RCAnismo
Car: '06 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast, '05 CBR 1000RR Repsol, '03 Jeep Grand Cherokee

If any of these guys that used PED's get in the HOF they better put Pete Rose in too.

Return to “The Sports Bar”