March 8th 2003 Kentucly Meet!

Including IL, IN, KY, TN, MI, and OH
cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

Well....we've already hit a snag, but I still say we do it on the 8th.

Some jacka$$ from Beech Bend...not the guy I talked to, came by the shop and talked to Anthony about sponsoring the Tuesday night test/tune there for only $1500 which covers the ENTIRE season. He would be a fool to pass it up, and I don't think he's got the funds to do both the season and the one time meet on the 8th(which would cost over $1600).

I'll keep everyone up to date as I find out more. It looks like no racing on Saturday unless we decide to rent it out and split it. I know I would be willing to put up a larger amount ($100) myself, but I will need to collect enough money to rent the place out before someone else does. I CANNOT front $1600 and just hope enough people show up. If the general consensus is that we rent out the track, we can figure out payment later.

However, there will be racing on Sunday the 9th for $10. So, the question is do you want to contribute $10-$20 (depending on the # of people) and have the track to ourselves on the 8th, or just wait until Sunday and risk having a crowd for $10?

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

$1600 is a lot of money, what with teh added cost, we may have only 32 cars (which is still higher than last time) and have to pay 50 each that is too much.:(

Lets see if we cant get the guy to stick to the arrangement you mentioned earlier and us a a bigger portion.

After all the are a good sized club, that could mean some business down the road..Also what about a week earlier?Making the meet for the ninth, is not practical for our out-of state members that will then have to take time off from work.

Fred....:)

Former_240_s14
Car: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

I might not be able to show up the week before that if you decide to change it, but it may be able to be worked out, problem is with my new job and stuff.

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

I think that we can get the $1600.I say we get a sign in going and start collecting $$$. Lets see if we get 80 people its about $20.If we do this then it would have to be a pay up front thing.lets get a thread started to see how many people that are for sure 100% and can fork out the $20-$30 .

Former_240_s14

that is a great idea, why didn't I think of that damn't!!!

cnichols

We may not have to cover the entire amount...if we can raise a substantial amount....say $1000, Anthony still my do it...as long as he's not covering the entire amount. So, with a coupld of generous people, I really think it won't be too hard. I'll talk to him about it in depth tomorrow.

If we can get to $900, count me in for $100...I want it to happen DAMNIT!!!!!

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

LMAO. THATS THE SPIRIT!!!!!!!!

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

rey_boricua
Car: Working out, chilling, and cars

I hate to say this but I got my warning order today. i might be getting deployed by the end of the month:(. But I 'm hoping all the BS dies out if not I can't make this one but one maybe down the line.:help. I really wanted to run the Altima to see what number I can put down but oh well life sucks....

Repo Man
Car: 2020 Frontier Pro4X
2003 Honda Accord

Rey, who are you with and what's your MOS?

PalmerWMD

cnichols wrote:We may not have to cover the entire amount...if we can raise a substantial amount....say $1000, Anthony still my do it...as long as he's not covering the entire amount. So, with a coupld of generous people, I really think it won't be too hard. I'll talk to him about it in depth tomorrow.

If we can get to $900, count me in for $100...I want it to happen DAMNIT!!!!!

If you throw in a $100 so will I.

Fred...:)

rey_boricua
Car: Working out, chilling, and cars

my name is SGT Gutierrez and I am a 91D20H(operating room tech):ylsuper

Repo Man
Car: 2020 Frontier Pro4X
2003 Honda Accord

palmerwmd wrote:If you throw in a $100 so will I.

Me too if necessary. :cool:

Hopefully you don't get deployed there SGT Gutierrez. But if you do, at least you won't be shining a seat with your arse like me!

ser684

after the meet we should all go to somewhere nice to eat and just spend the night in BG cause the ride back is so boring anyone up for this

JeromeS13
Car: 2008 Subaru Impreza STI

Do we have a set agenda yet? We need to finalize something, so us far off people can make plans. I'd like to drive up sometime friday evening, stay friday night and saturday night, and come home sometime sunday evening.

I'm really open for anything, but would like some specifics (hotel location, phone number, etc)

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I can't keep up with all 5,948,308 posts already about the March 8th meet : )

PalmerWMD

we will meet at the corvette museum around noon local time.

After an hour or so we will drive all together top the track..Plans may still change a litttle depending on how cnichols local rental efforts go.

Then we may meet directly at the track, in which case we will post GOOD directions from the hiway(I65).

PS: There is also a premeet in Lousiville that day for those coming from louisville or further north but it wont affect you.

UncleBen

yea we usually get to the vette museum, stay for how ever long it takes people to introduce them-selves, take pics of the rides, drive each others cars, etc etc. (i will let people drive my car, but why would you want to?? it a granny-matic [well, it might not be a granny by the meet, but it prolly will be]). after that, we'll form a huge line of cars and go to the strip, about 5-10 mins away. (all depending on if we get it, when we get it, etc). after the track, we usually go eat somewhere. last time, we went to the mall. it was sweet. had a HUGE part of the parking lot taken up with only nissans/infiniti's. it was beautiful. anyway, after that i don't kno what'll happen

darkeagle
Car: Daily driver:1997 Isuzu Rodeo
Retired: 1980 Datsun 210 Wagon

That sounds cool! Hope first meet for me goes really good. I dont see why anyone wants to drive mine :pface lol But I dont care much.....heh

As long as I have CORRECT and GOOD directions to get to the meet I'll be fine. I can handle the interstate but I need good directions. LIke to stay lil longer than sunday but I dont think my mom would be up for that. lol but as far as I know, friday evening i depart and sometime sunday i return home, safe and sound. :)

cnichols

The track will only stay open till 4 even if we somehow get enough money to rent the track. That would not give many people from far away time to get there and would only leave us a few hours.

So....I think the best bet would be for everyone to spend the night in BG and we will have plenty of time to hang out, socialize, and go to the track on Sunday. We might almost have the track to ourselves anyway....no guarantee on that, but it will only cost $10 and about $15 for the hotel room. That's not too bad in my opinion for how much fun it's going to be.

But, if the number of people goes up significantly in the sign-in thread, we should go ahead and try to rent the track. I think I'm a little dissapointed with the number so far. Please e-mail me with any friends with other cars that would be interested in paying money to run on a 1/4 mile track. I will try and get a list that includes locals who would also be willing to pay so that we can get an accurate count and get this done.

Also, if you don't mind...if you've already posted in the list...let me know how much if you haven't already done so...and also any non-members who will be attending and how much they will pay.

darkeagle
Car: Daily driver:1997 Isuzu Rodeo
Retired: 1980 Datsun 210 Wagon

I say the numbers might go up,(I hope too) once everyone checks back to the thread and sign if they are going to go.

Sooo....if number dont go up that means we go to track on sunday instead of the saturday??? I'm making sure :) heh I'm already coming early anyways, so I'll be fine on time wise.

scream240sx
Car: cars, music

hey 95silviase just got to read ur posts, yea ive been talking to redrocket that would be pretty cool, i wont be by myself. anyways im driving a 95 240sx se its all stock i should have my nismo body kit on it by the show and ive done some stuff on the inside too nothing to big though.

zvan

I just stumbled upon this website tonight. This is my first post and I am going to attend this event. I doubt my 350 will be in by the 8th, but I can hope. Who should I talk to for more info if I need it? (I need to go back through this post and reread the details) Thanks,Evan

UncleBen

either me, cnichols, or redrocket would know the most i guess, but cnichols would know more than the rest of us. nichols and i live here in bowling green, which is where the meet is being held. welcome to NICO, and it sounds like you're gettin yourself an amazing car!! i sure hope its in by the 8th also!!

PalmerWMD

It would be great if we had a 350Z there.So far we neevr had one but it looks like we might get a couple this time.

Fred...:thumbup

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

95silviase wrote:sounds like you're gettin yourself an amazing car!! i sure hope its in by the 8th also!!

It sure does! I hope it is in by the 8th also! We'd all love to see it!

I30

One of my friends got a 350Z for christmas, yes he is a lucky 17 yr old with a brand new 350z. He cant go to the BG meet cause of prom also, but he said if I could give him some notice of the meets he could prolly show up.

I say we change the meet to a week later or sooner so I can go! ;)

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

I30 wrote:One of my friends got a 350Z for christmas, yes he is a lucky 17 yr old with a brand new 350z. He cant go to the BG meet cause of prom also, but he said if I could give him some notice of the meets he could prolly show up.

Tell him to get on the forums! :)

Former_240_s14

zvan wrote:I just stumbled upon this website tonight. This is my first post and I am going to attend this event. I doubt my 350 will be in by the 8th, but I can hope. Who should I talk to for more info if I need it? (I need to go back through this post and reread the details) Thanks,Evan

if you decide to def. go, I am from Florence, KY and we should cruise down together, and there will be a couple other people comming too.

how did you like the snow we got tonight, all I am gonna say is thank god I have a beater, best 150 bucks I ever spent.

we should meet up before then too and hang out.

zvan

To Former_240_s14: they were telling people to stay home, but I think I put 100 miles on my car last night. I have an 86 Celica beater that handles great in the snow, so I got some friends together, did a bunch of slides and donuts, and went to look at a 240 at a local dealership. I go to UC, so we're not far apart, anytime you want to get together drop me an email. [email protected]

Former_240_s14

to zvan, did you see I am sellin my car, go to the buy/sell/trade forums, I am mentioning this becuase I see you went to go look at one.

regardless, we should cruise down together, my email is [email protected]

Return to “Central Region”