map update 2013

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

I just received a map update for my 2013 M37x. Installation went smooth, although it takes over 2 hours while car is idling to complete the 4 or 5 DVD install. It was about 160 bucks. I haven't taken it for a drive yet to see what the updates are all about. I assume some local roads and HWY and ramps are added with many new points of interest. After 6 years I think it's worth a couple bucks to keep that part current. Still enjoying my 2013. I recently looked on line at used 2019 M37 and they are under 30k. For the most part I guess mine would be 15k. Not much changes and most of the depreciation is out of mine.
Thanks
Mazz

armybrat
Car: 2012 M56x with Tech Package (sold)
Custom 2-1/2" X-pipe exhaust with OEM sport mufflers
HPS intake hoses
Uprev tune

mazz wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:35 am
I just received a map update for my 2013 M37x. Installation went smooth, although it takes over 2 hours while car is idling to complete the 4 or 5 DVD install. It was about 160 bucks. I haven't taken it for a drive yet to see what the updates are all about. I assume some local roads and HWY and ramps are added with many new points of interest. After 6 years I think it's worth a couple bucks to keep that part current. Still enjoying my 2013. I recently looked on line at used 2019 M37 and they are under 30k. For the most part I guess mine would be 15k. Not much changes and most of the depreciation is out of mine.
Thanks
Mazz
Cool I probably need to do mine too...last update I did was in 2016, took about an hour and 15 minutes.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

This is one of the biggest reasons why I went with a unit that will give me Android Auto, free, instant map updates. After 5 years, it'll pay for itself.

mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

I know if i switched to unlimited data on my cell phone i would have same info as the cost as this update but i prefer the info i get from the map on built in navigation , probably old fashion backassward thinking until i try it your way.

reggiebrown40
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
2011 Infiniti M56x - Dead

I used to be a fan of map updates but not so much anymore. I did an update maybe two years ago and I didn't notice any additional roads, changes to existing roads, or any new map features for that matter. At a cost of 100 dollars it ended up being a huge waste. I used to laugh at people who would have vent mounted phones doing their navigation for them -- until I used Apple maps on a recent trip. Apple maps (and Google maps) tell you the correct lane to be in, traffic updates like road closures and detours, and many other things. You even speak into your phone and plot the directions - which is a tedious process on the factory system. When manually entering an address you have to sit there typing one character at a time on an unresponsive screen. Infiniti should just abandon the map game at this point.

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

My last two rentals were 2020 Altima's with Apple CarPlay. The screen is about the same size as in our cars, but the functionality was massively better. I could choose a location using either Google Maps or Apple Maps and everything was there on the Altima touch screen. I don't know about the rest of you, but I would be willing to pay to upgrade our electronics to native functionality with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. I've tried two of the USA Spec add-on systems in my M35 and found it to be less than satisfactory - there were always compromises with both the USA Spec systems and the Infiniti systems. Toyota is selling retrofit systems - why can't Nissan? https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/29/carplay- ... 2018-cars/

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

mazz wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:49 am
I know if i switched to unlimited data on my cell phone i would have same info as the cost as this update but i prefer the info i get from the map on built in navigation , probably old fashion backassward thinking until i try it your way.

I use my built-in screen, not my phone. I have the GROM Audio VLine VL2 infotainment system installed. My HowTo can be found on here and my video review (2 of them actually) can be found on YouTube.

kmiles wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:02 pm
My last two rentals were 2020 Altima's with Apple CarPlay. The screen is about the same size as in our cars, but the functionality was massively better. I could choose a location using either Google Maps or Apple Maps and everything was there on the Altima touch screen. I don't know about the rest of you, but I would be willing to pay to upgrade our electronics to native functionality with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. I've tried two of the USA Spec add-on systems in my M35 and found it to be less than satisfactory - there were always compromises with both the USA Spec systems and the Infiniti systems. Toyota is selling retrofit systems - why can't Nissan? https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/29/carplay- ... 2018-cars/

See above.

JCesar

I'm waiting for the update to be $99 again in a few months to buy it.

I thought about the time it takes to load and i was thinking on using a battery tender/maintainer and just having the car to the ACC position

emm3seven
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x w/Tech + Touring

JCesar wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:40 am
I thought about the time it takes to load and i was thinking on using a battery tender/maintainer and just having the car to the ACC position
I hooked mine up to a battery charger and put ignition in ON position (engine stopped). Have done two map upgrades this way and works great, saves gas too.

JCesar

emm3seven wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:08 pm
JCesar wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:40 am
I hooked mine up to a battery charger and put ignition in ON position (engine stopped). Have done two map upgrades this way and works great, saves gas too.
Awesome!!! I will do that too. right now the update is at the $150 regular price so i'll wait a little. I see the $99 promo at least twice a year. during the Summer and Winter

https://infiniti.navigation.com/home/en ... nitiNA/USD

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”