Map light removal for 2007 sentra

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
snoopmyelf
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0S

tools you will need- flathead screwdriver

ok this is really simple.

1- first just grab the screwdriver and place it firmly in the notch as shown in the picture, then give it a pry motion indicated by the arrows untill that side POP's out

2- second just pull the plastic peice out at about a 45 degree angle, also indicated by the arrows and this sucker just oh so easily comes out

for the light in the middle just do the same to the nothc circled in red

DarkAquarius
Car: 2010 NISSAN Sentra 2.0SR

There is one screw to my understanding. It just does not pop out. The whole purpose is to change the bulb to blue leds. But I got stuck and instead replace the rear license plate bulbs.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Also added to ToC.

snoopmyelf
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0S

i will be adding for pics for further removal of this setup.

DarkAquarius

thank you. I'll keep checking back.

DarkAquarius

Any updates on the removal of the Map Lights. You can not change them from this procedure. I believe unmounting the housing, and changing from above.

gforever
Car: 2007 Sentra

Yea, I was going to try the same thing but I could not get a good grip on those 194 bulbs. I also didn't want to squeeze too hard and crack the bulbs either. Did you have to unscrew the middle screw to take out the entire map box?

I just replaced the glove box light and it was a pain in the @$$..... You had to take out the entire glove compartment...... Took me a good 30 - 45 mins to figure out how.....

gforever

So anyone can provide step 3 in the removal of the map lights please? Thanks!

gforever

push. Help please??? Did you have to unscrew the whole thing or is there a technique to get those chrome thingies out of the way to grab the light bulbs out? Thanks.

gforever

Alright so I tried taking out the center screw but that didn't do anything.... Anyone else have idea or know of what tools I can use to replace these map lights? This is the step I am stuck at.....

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

From that pic I can't tell what holds them in. I find it odd that they don't just unscrew.

nok610
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0S CVT

It seems like they're fitted. I haven't pulled mine, but I'm just tempted to break them off because when I hit cracks on the road, I can hear the lenses rattling and it's driving me crazy. Even bass makes them rattle.

gforever

Has anyone been successful in replacing the map lights?

anhktruong
Car: 2007 Sentra S

Alright, just to warn you...this probably isn't the cleanest way to remove these lights, but it worked. Sorry for the bad pictures, I didn't of documenting it until I was half way done. You will need a little screw flat head screw driver...something like you would use to repair eyeglasses.

***NOTE - pieces will be partially broken afterward. There are two points at the base of the reflector that need to break in order to come out.

1. remove the cover like you already did above - you do not need to remove the screw

2. there should be a very small gap between the base of the reflector piece and the column piece...Use the screw driver on point 1 to jimmy in between the reflector base and the column piece ---- you need to pry it outward until you snap the part free.

3. repeat step 2 for the second point.

4. at this point it should pretty much pop free, but you might need to pry out point 3 a little to get it to come all the way out.

5. repeat on the other side and change lights.

6. put the reflector back in starting with point 2, then 1 and then 3.

So now you're all set. Like I said...probably not the best way to do it, but it works. I figure, it doesn't matter if it looks clean because the cover will cover anything up anyways.

These steps worked for me, so I hope they help you guys!

gforever

Thanks for the pics & documentation anhktruong. The damage to the reflectors are minimal but I'm curious to see if there is any clean way to remove the map lights? There has to be b/c I'm sure someone will burn out the map lights sooner or later or people like me want to replace these with LED lights or something. nametakennow, didn't you replace your interior lights?

nok610
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0S CVT

Wow, looking from the placement of the loops, it seems like to get a clean removal is by removing the housing all around.

anhktruong
Car: 2007 Sentra S

I figured the same thing, but could not get that whole piece to come out. I unscrewed the screw and pull the whole piece a clip popped, but one part was still stuck (on the side wher the bluetooth mic is). I tried to pull a bit harder but it wasn't budging. So rather than possibly breaking that, I figure the reflectors are no big deal to me. No one sees them anyway.

Easy123

:dblthumb: Easy.

What you will need
Needle nose pliers or other small pliers
stick of glue gun glue.

The Sentra map lights are 168 bulbs, they are push in bulbs held in by tension, no turning required.

The reflector is kind of in the way so does not leave much room to get a grip on the lights with your fingers.
If you have a glue gun that is great if not, no problem, just get a glue stick and you can melt it with a lighter.

You only need to place some of the glue on the tips of the pliers so that they have a rubber-like surface. this will allow
them to grip onto the bulb glass. Let the glue cool/dry before using.

Now just grip the bulbs and pull them straight out, do not apply too much pressure obviously, you should not have to apply much pressure, they should pull out nice and easy for you. No need to stress out or start breaking things.

Note, if you do not have a glue stick on hand you can experiment with other stuff to make the pliers grippy such as maybe applying some electrical tape with the sticky side out. Or heck, even just try applying some tape around the bulb and try pulling on the tape to pull it out. They are just held in with a little tension, a little more than your fingertips can grasp.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”