Map light problem

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
p598738
Car: 1999 Infiniti QX4 160K miles

Also called personal lights I think. I am asking about the dual lights above the dash. They do not come on when the doors are opened, The dome light does. If I switch either light to the turn on position they do indeed come on so I don't think the issue is the bulb or bulbs. I suspect a fuse problem, I cannot identify a fuse which could cause this problem as I am having a tough time w the diagrams. I would appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks.

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 9%2FEL.pdf (page EL-75)
The wiring diagram is clear enough. Just like the vanity mirror lights on the visors, the spot lights (a.k.a. map or personal lights) are turned on exclusively by their own switch. These lights are not connected to the door switches, or any other, and only turn on when switched on. If they ever did come on by opening a door, that would be an interesting problem to figure out.

p598738
Car: 1999 Infiniti QX4 160K miles

mdmellott wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:44 am
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 9%2FEL.pdf (page EL-75)
The wiring diagram is clear enough. Just like the vanity mirror lights on the visors, the spot lights (a.k.a. map or personal lights) are turned on exclusively by their own switch. These lights are not connected to the door switches, or any other, and only turn on when switched on. If they ever did come on by opening a door, that would be an interesting problem to figure out.
Thanks for the reply. I am snickering a bit here. I've had the QX4 for 21 years and I am sure those lights have always come on when the doors get opened.Now I have to look at that wiring diagram.

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

well I can tell you on my Pathfinder which is basically the same vehicle only the dome light comes on when the doors are opened.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”