manual VK56?

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
ARGAMEMENON
Car: Supra, 240

I know its a new motor and all, but has anyone put a manual gearbox on one yet?

NISTECH

not to my knowledge. Nissan certainly doesnt make one for that engine yet. Although the upcoming model change for 07my might have some manual options. I know there are alot of changes coming for the A60 model then. I havent heard anything about it yet though.

dareo
Car: 1993 Q45, 1989 240sx

What if the VK56DE wasn't in a Titan and i wanted to mate it to a manual trans? Is the VK block at all similar to the VQ blocks in the respect that a 350z transmission could be used?

ARGAMEMENON
Car: Supra, 240

Hey dudes. I'll be getting a custom adapter plate (now available....no longer custom!) to mount the V160 (supra 6 speed) to the 1UZ V8. once we have it it would only be a matter of rearranging the bolt holes on the motor plate to hook up with the VK. Then of course theres the clutch issue but that can be worked out.

Any interest?

NISTECH

Be mindful of the input shaft spline depth. if its to far in it wont allow the clutch disc to ride on it. You also have to be concerned with pilot shaft diameter and weather it will reach the crankshaft. I did a 350z 6spd to a 240 Ka24de. I had ran into a problem with this exact issue. I had to remove the input shaft and have a machine shop refab it by first using a lathe on the 350 shaft to allow pressing a modified piece from another input shaft, to lengthen the spline area of the 350 shaft.

I dont think tunnel modding will be needed for your project though.Its a game with doing something like this. I keep running into problems with my set-up. in and out with it trying to dial everything in. The most recent problem is a vibration coming from the flywheel. So I have ordered a new flywheel , once it comes in it will go back in and see if its corrected.

QShip

I thought the tranny they use for the CORR Titan was a manual.

NISTECH

enlighten me, what is the CORR titan? As of today no assembly line titan has been or is manual trans.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”