Manual Swap

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
240_reasons

I was wondering if anyone could help out here, i just have a few questions.

1. the junkyard guy tells me that i can only use the manny from a 95-98 s14, not any other manny. yes i have an auto. is this true?

2. what all do i need to do this swap? manny, master brake cylinder w/clutch, and...? do i need to swap the computer also or what?

please help me out on this. my 240 sucks as long as its an auto, please help me to restore it to glory on my lame small town streets.

rich

Turbo_Nismo_EC
Car: My truck...of course

It is possible but there are a few things that you have to get first. I think that it won't be worth your time and think that you should consider another 240 with a manual unless you have some attachement to this particular one, or already have a ton of money invested in it. But if you need to do the swap then here ya go. You will need the tranny, driveshaft, clutch pedal, clutch pedal bracket, master cylinder(get it and whatever it is attached to), and possibly a new clutch kit, as well as all the small hardware to go with it(I.E. brackets, nuts, bolts, etc). You should be able to pirate all these parts off of a wrecked 240. Just make sure you get EVERYTHING associated with the tranny..even the ECU. The ECU will throw on a "check engine" light when it does not sense your automatic tranny. Also, this may be a point for you to take also. Get the tranny out of a KA24 truck (91-97) if you plan on doing any serious racing. The 240sx 5th gear is taller(will make car go faster in long run) than the truck 5th gear, which is better for racing. Even Nissan Motorsports swaps these gears when they go racing a 240sx. Ok, hope this helped. I don't think I forgot anything(except the shifter and shifter boot), but other than that I think that is it. If you decide to go for it, let me know. The parts shouldn't cost that much, it will just be very time consuming and expensive to installed, if you have somebody do it for you.

Lates, and YES the picture is photoshopped, but the rims are the only thing modified.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”