manual boost controller + electrical boost controller = ?

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
bbandit

What do you guys think IF I installed a manual boost controller to work together with my eletrical boost controller? I have external WG btw...Hook the side nipple to an MBC and hook the top nipple to the EBC.

Cuz I cant figure out why my WG and BOV vent at the same time whenever I shift between gears.. Right now I just have EBC.

I dont know... The car felt more responsive with my old MBC compared to my current EBC..

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

TIA

boost infested
Car: cars, chicks, food, and .....

does your ebc have fuzzy logic? i am trying to use a mbc on my external but it wasnt very consistance. my hks evc3 isnt working right either. i am now stuck with 5psi but i am gunna go get a longer screw for my deltagate.

sorry no help here.

bbandit

yea unfortunately, profec b II control boost by wastegate actuation so yea...

Well In case anyone is wondering....I put my mbc and ebc in paralel today..

hotpipe -> mbc -> WG side nipple

Cold pressure source -> ebc -> WG top nipple

Set the mbc at .3 bar (I have .25 bar spring in the WG) with ebc at off setting.

And then I start tuning the low and high boost settings from there.

So now Im running .3 bar with ebc off (mbc set at .3 bar)..4 bar with ebc on, low setting..5 bar with ebc on, high setting.

It fixes the problem so yea Im happy for now.I talked to my friend that has a veedub, he told me that veedub people likes to use this setup (mbc+ebc in parallel).

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”