Man this is annoying......

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
GoofyATX240

I own a 93 240SX with a KA24DE.The problem is I got a new clutch cause the other one went out so I bought a specII clutch.Well we had that installed and the usual thing happened slave and master cylinder straight up died.Replaced those and everything was fine got the clutch broken in and all so I went out to see how it felt launching it and all.1st gear was cool 2nd gear sucked bad it went all the way upto 5K and I was still doing around 40 mph.And from then on everytime I shifted it would just slip the whole time.And if u hit the gas while in gear and let go the clutch would finally catch.And if your just driving normal and u step on the gas the revs go up but the mph just stay where they are like im not even moving.Does anyone have any idea what the prob could be?Thank you in advance.

ballr858

hmm...it could be a defective clutch...but i'm sure that some other people will give you more technical advice.

GoofyATX240

Nevermind figured out the problem.

I H8 UR DSM

what was the problem, lol

GoofyATX240

Well its not slipping anymore I glazed it last night is all so when i went out earlier someone was saying with his spec he had to do some hard engages at 3k rpms so just did that and low and behold it worked.....All I can say now is I doubt im getting a spec for my CA haha.

I H8 UR DSM

Yes, and ive wrote up about me 'not recommending' spec clutches to anyone, many many times on the boards...Im glad i can add another story to my pile : )

but im sorry your having problems.

Spec clutches are affordable, but are too new of a company to get enough opinions on it yet....The quality when you look at it, really isnt that high.

Go w/ an ACT or something, youll be happier : )

jesse

ps. somepeople when they glaze the clutch, will take apart the tranny, and 'sand' down the surface of the clutch to take the glaze off, and bring it back to work.

skydragoness
Car: 03' 350z Touring 6spd
92' 240sx 60k survivor :)

I heard Centerforce clutches were crap, something along the lines of them just being painted OE clutches or something... it was in a product review from 240sx.org

I heard only good things about ACT,if i am due for a clutch,i'll get it from them

I H8 UR DSM

centerforce DF does use a basic oem clutch, with some reinforcements. They add the 'spring mechaninism' (for lack of a better word) to add holding power. Its a ring shape with weights added, which is supposed to use centripical (*sp) force to add to the holding power.

Ive gone through 2 DF clutches. 1 in two days on my SR.

Ive used ACT, OEM, and Custom Iron clutches also.

jesse

skydragoness
Car: 03' 350z Touring 6spd
92' 240sx 60k survivor :)

:slap

dude! stop following me around!!

hehehhe

j/k

GoofyATX240

I H8 UR DSM wrote:Yes, and ive wrote up about me 'not recommending' spec clutches to anyone, many many times on the boards...Im glad i can add another story to my pile : )

but im sorry your having problems.

Spec clutches are affordable, but are too new of a company to get enough opinions on it yet....The quality when you look at it, really isnt that high.

Go w/ an ACT or something, youll be happier : )

jesse

ps. somepeople when they glaze the clutch, will take apart the tranny, and 'sand' down the surface of the clutch to take the glaze off, and bring it back to work.

Yeh I woulda got the ACT just they said 3 or 4 weeks on back order and I needed something now...grrr but Ill probably order a ACT clutch soon trash the GAY spec.

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

What about clutchmasters? they any good?

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”