Man..some car companies are making some serious claims...

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Toyota is claiming that its new 4.0 liter 240 hp XRunner Tacoma can outlap a Z33. Bullsh*t!!! Think of the word Toyota--not old Toyota when the Supra and early Celica were around--new Toyota, who makes the (ugh) Echo. Does the word fast come to mind? How about handling? High performance of any kind? Didn't think so. Now think of the word truck. Does the word handling come to mind there? Ok so what is a company who considers their 210 hp sedan that takes corners like my old '84 Coupe DeVille with three flat tires to be fast and agile doing making a truck that can "Outlap the 350Z"?

...continued in next post since this blasted forum is cutting me off...what the...

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Next. Not a claim, but rather a desperate plea to make the insanity stop[/]!!!

Saturn: That company who made a car the size of the A33 with an engine from a Sentra. The company that would build plastic engines if it were possible. They are introducing a minivan next year. WHY?????Minivans don't sell anymore...they are phasing out. The station wagon (wait--I used the "s"word, sorry--5-door) is back, and looking strong. No one buys the chevy or Pontiac or Oldsmobile minivans. What makes GM think we want one with a saturn sign on it any more than those? Oh, yeah, and by the way, the impressive novelty of the "Minivan" wore off in the late 80's. So what is GM doing?

Ok I am done ranting now...

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

dude, that tacoma would tear the Z on a dirt track

I love Toyota, but they have owner issues and make boring stuff right now...

I do however want a 5000GT if they make it production.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

[QUOTE=Mr1der]dude, that tacoma would tear the Z on a dirt track [QUOTE]Dude, not likely. Think about it. The Z is a rear drive coupe. It has a lot of wieght over the drive wheels. The tacoma is a truck. You and me could lift the back wheels off the ground. That means it would be spinning tires and sliding around like crazy. And besides, who would take a stock Z on a dirt track? And the XRunner is making 245 hp. Toyota is terrible at putting power to the ground. 245 at the cranck on a Toyota means about 210 at the wheels. Vs. about 270 at the wheels on the Z. It just doesn't compare, no matter what the track is paved with.

Just a side note, yes, I do hate Toyota--very passionately. However, I base all arguments against them on their own facts.

Mr1der

by dirt I meant like a PRO truck type track. what with the jumping and all.

can't say I wouldn't have a **** eating grin on my face if I saw someone launch a Z off a dirt jump however.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Ahhhhh...I see. Only problem there is that the XRunner is only available as a 2WD. I don't get 2wd trucks. That's why I like Chevy's Silverado SS. It may not have a Viper V10, but it has 4 whel drive.

Mr1der

yeah, it's more of a modified awd set up isn't it? Similar to the Typhoon and Syclone...

that's pretty dumb to make a powerful truck (especially Toyota, probably the most winning off road make, maybe Ford, maybe..) and not make it 4x4...

I like the way the SS looks, but it just can't hang with the Lightning and the SRT10 (I personally hate this truck, it's numbers are horrid for the power. It barely beat out the Lightning for the claim of fastest production truck. Ford's gonna take it back when they reintroduce SVT into the line though)

I wanna see Toyota bring back the turbo tacoma.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Yeah, I love how the SS looks. The SS's front fascia does a lot for the Silverado. The Lightning, however, is made from an F150, which was (until this new model) the single ugliest, most wimpy looking truck ever to be produced. That ruined that one for me. If I had to get a performance truck, it would have been the little know Ram V10 using the previous body style. It had the good old V10 and the better looks of the late 90' ram. And yeah, I think the SS has AWD. Personally, I think AWD on a pickup is rediculous...I want to be able to chose my gear ratios, not have a computer do it for me. But AWD is better than 2WD. Especially since low-rider trucks look about as good as a lifted Ion.

Mr1der

I dunno, I personally liked the Lightning....

the first gen Lightning looked better however, but it just didn't have the power of the new one.

nab911

Alright ladies... time for me to jump in

My friend is selling his 4runner right now. He thought toyota was the god of trucks and nothing could ever beat or break one. The thing blew a diff and a cv axel because it is quite frankly a piece of ****. Now.. my friends path finder has been through more **** than i can remember. I was just last weekend propping my feet on the dash because the floor board was under water (mud kinda) but she made it and still runs like a champ. Nissan trucks may not be pretty but that can get through anything and still have the balls to do it again. The new yotas are rice trucks. Whatever it was (that ugly factory bodykit **** on truck) is toyotas way of pulling a chevy extreme to appeal to the worser part of the automobile industry... the rich kids who want to look like they got balls. Put them behind the wheel of a 350z and you will get what is sitting at z1 motorsports... and unidentifiable shell of a 350.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

nab911 wrote:Alright ladies... time for me to jump in

Put them behind the wheel of a 350z and you will get what is sitting at z1 motorsports... and unidentifiable shell of a 350.
I couldn't have put it better. They can have their Corrollas and Civics and Scions. Because I wouldn't drive one if you paid me. A few years ago, I would have been happy to drive a Civic. Decent looks, great quality, good gas mileage. But now, you can't be seen in a Civic, or any Honda--almost and Japanese car at all--without being associated with the rice crowd. I'm getting sick and tired of people insulting my car simply because its Japanese. I haven't thrown any garbage onto it. It has not fart can. It has not cheap-*** body kit. My windows are not tinted, and I have no neon glued underneath. But still, people see it as another Japanese rice rocket. There was a time when people saw me driving a Maxima and said, "Hey, nice car. " or "Good taste, man...good taste." Now, it just draws the same irritated scowls that over-loudened civics do.But it's not a civic. It's a Nissan. It's a Maxima. The only similarity to the rice-crap its associated with is that it has a wheel at each corner and a steering wheel. So please, all those little bastards who drive a car their daddy bought them with custom parts that the local shop put on and runs a "10 second" quarter mile. I earned my car. I took care of it. And I'll be damned if I see it lose the respect it deserves at the hands of a bunch of tasteless kids.

nab911

Its not dangerous to have a rear while drive street car that can kick sideways at any time. It IS dangerous to give it to some kid that has no respect for it. I built and put everything together on my car from the lsd to the t3/t04e upgraded ca18. After all the work and time i have put into it, ill be damned if im going to be a prick and drive down the highway at a buck 20 weaving in and out of cars thinking im a bad ***.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

But ask one of these little pricks what a lifter or TBI is, they'll be stumped. Hell, ask them what a pushrod is and they'll be stumped. And to them, and modification that doesn't destroy the look of the car is not "cool."It's like that lousy game Need for Speed Underground. I had a kick *** Skyline. Bone stock appearance, which is the only acceptable way to have an R-body. But in the latter part of the game, in order to advance, I was forced to glue on ugly body kits, bad vinyl, and oversized wings. On an R34 Skyline! Which is, without a doubt, single greatest looking car in the history of the world. These kids are having some negative affects on the automotive world. It really needs to stop.

Help save the world! ***** slap a ricer!

Return to “Others”