Making an Automatic faster - Question

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
240sx_1997

My 97 240 is an AUTOMATIC (YES I SAID AUTOMATIC......STOP LAUGHING!!!.........and I got a ticket tonigth......38 over....)

Anyways, on the http://www.240sx.org web site, some guy posted on the FAQ section under "Shifting faster W/A automatic" that you can disconnect this resistor and it will make you shift faster. Their is some pictures on the web site (I wish I could post them).

Can someone tell me if this is bad for my car to disconnect this resistor???

Paul1997 240SX

P.S. I cannot wait to have "Hub Caps"

drjohn

This causes extra wear on the trans because it applies full line pressure to the seals,clutches'and band servo's at all times instead of just when cold. This can damage piston's and break snap rings causing trans failure.

JeromeS13
Car: 2008 Subaru Impreza STI

And to boot, its doesn't make your car any faster. It feels like it shifts harder, which it does, but in reality, its the same. I've tested it at the track with my old '92 Auto, and the times were nearly identical.

numatik
Car: cars

I tried it on my 98. After a trip around the block my service engine soon light went on. The little servo or whatever costs like $375 plus labor if you have to replace it. It is supposedly buried deep in the transmission. Luckily my engine light turned off after a week or so. Close one,

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”