making a custom exhaust manifold to make an SR20DETT, or KA24DETT

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
Alphaknight
Car: anime,cars,computers, and more

I am getting a pair of 300zx stock twin turbos for free and I decided to slap it on my car, but I'm wondering how I should design the exhaust manifold, any help would be appreciated, and after I'm done I'll show you guys! I have a basic idea of it, but I need help and planning.

SWIFT_DRIFT

I have only seen 2 twin turbo sr20's and zero ka's. If that doesnt say it for you right there...they are not primarily designed for twins. You are going to spend a lot (more than you prolly know) of money getting a custom manifold built and to get the engine prepped to run that kind of setup. not saying you cant do it, cuz i have seen it done, just going to be all custom which ='s $$$$$$$$

Alphaknight

well I plan to make my own custom exhaust manifold with a migwelder, and also I know that I'd need to modify the ECU somehow, and also I'd have to do alot, but th results might be worth it though.

Daunttless

A twin turbo setup will not be worth the power gains that you will see. If you plan on doing it to a SR20 an appropriately sized single turbo will make more power, faster, with equal boost. If you do it to a KA24, the twin turbo setup on the 300ZX makes 300 horsepower, the N/A makes 222. Thats not that much of a gain considerating there are twins on there, the T25 is just too small for that big of a displacement. Most people feel the T25 is too small for the 2.0 liter application on the SR20, or even on the CA18. A twin setup will not be worth the hassle, money, or gains, if you are going to go thru the trouble of making a manifold, you may as well make one that will be worthwhile. If you are doing it just to be different, more power to you I guess. Enjoy your day.

Alphaknight

well I was gonna rebuild the turbos and put in bigger turbines into them, and a whole bunch of other stuff so I can get the most amount of power out of them

Daunttless

It usually costs around 500 dollars to upgrade a turbo, for the cost of upgrading both that would be like 1000 dollars on a pair of T25s. For 1000 dollars you could buy a brand new Ball Bearing GT2530 and push more power with less lag. : ) Just a thought...

Alphaknight

I'm one for complete homemade customs made by me, so what about this? T3/T4 turbo hybrids made into a twin turbo system? I think I have most of the tinks made out, but I gotta actaully see. And I have to do something with the T25 turbos since I'm gonna get them for dirt cheap

Alphaknight

I also need turbos that give power, but not too much since I like performance driving, not drag so turbo lag isn't too good

Daunttless

Well, the GT2530 will have boost response at 3k, and you can push 300 rwhp with it. I'd say thats enough for daily driving, and twin T3/T4s would boost at like 6000 RPM on a SR20. : ) If not later dependant upon what size hybrid you went with. : )

Alphaknight

*writes down* good info good info, I'm gonna have to weigh the good and down sides of this if I'm gonna decide. Gonna get a S-14 and make it into the K's also change the front end to the slanted lights, and of course Manual

Daunttless

Just got all sorts of plans don't you, you should check out my site. : )

Alphaknight

myes, myes, all goes well, *laughs* well I got alot of plans for my car, I want to compete in circuit racing for money, I already have another S-14 driver, and a 300zx Z32 driver with me (hes the one giving me the turbos) and also a few S-13 drivers and my older brother the 180sx driver, I'll check your site out now!

Alphaknight

DUDE!!! YOU ARE SOOO SELLING EME AN SR20DET!! Man, I got soo many plans and ideas. Do you finance engines?

Daunttless

: )

Well, unfortunately I do not finance engines, but my entire October stock is out now, so you have until November to come up with the cash, or December, or January, or really whenever you want because I plan on stocking engines. : )

Any other questions you have? Also, the GT2530 is a T25 flange, so it fits on the stock turbo manifold, which will allow you to drive it around while you come up with your own manifold, of course, theres lots of other fuel, cooling, and management issues that would need to be taken care of for 300 rwhp. : )

Alphaknight

hmm.......soo many options and yet soo little money. I get my license in February and I can get my S-14 by then. As soon as I do I'll save my money and bam, I'm buying an S-14 SR20DET. And do you have any SR20DETT's from an S-15? Also I want to know if you offer LSD for an S-13 and S-14.

Daunttless

yeah, I can get you the LSD from the very car your engine came from. : )

I can get S15 SR20DETs, however they're rare and expensive and I don't plan on stocking them, so you'd have to give me forewarning and pay a deposit up front. : ) Enjoy your day!

Alphaknight

cool! I have a few friends who'll be buying from you soon, also can you find out how much it'll be to ship the engine to Maryland?

Alphaknight

Also, we're gonna be daily probably since we're starting our 240sx race team, also my circuit race team made up of nissans and so we're gonna be coming to you for alot of parts

Daunttless

Hey, that sounds good to me. : )

As far as shipping, I"m right int he middle of the country so its pretty much always 200-300 dollars unless you're really close. I can't imagine it would be more than 300 to Maryland. : )

Anything else I can answer for you? : )

Alphaknight

hmm.....do you have AIM? this way we can talk easier, I'll have alot of questions to ask you, from me and my team too

Daunttless

Yeah, my AIM is in my signature. : )

AIM: Daunttless

: )

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”