Major Problems -- READ THIS!!

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Super Dave

:boxing

ok,

i'm super mad about what i have gone through with my g over the past few weeks. it all began when my premium sound system started acting up. the changer would malfunction and it couldn't read the cd. then it would change to the next cd, have the same problem, then repeat until it ran out of cds. then, when I would shut the car off it would scroll through all the cds one more time (i could hear it changing them).

i figure “no biggie, i'll take it in and get my oil changed at the same time.”

after sitting at the dealership for three and a half hours (they estimated an hour and a half), my car finally rolled out. i finish drying it and go to pay for the oil change, which they almost over-charge me by about $30. after 10 min of getting that straightened out i hop in my car and do a quick check. bammmm, there it was…..a scratch (about 1.75" long) right on the center console (covered up with a sharpie pen mind you). no wonder i found that sharpie cap in my car. then, i noticed they got pen on a silver part too, which was also scratched, along with the top of the navigation display. i make them order new parts and go on my way. hoped on the freeway and then noticed something above my foot as a stepped on the brakes. i pull over and check it out. sure enough, they put the piece under the steering wheel back on wrong. i drive back through rush hour traffic in san diego and make them take it apart and put it back together right.

the next day, i'm on a first date with some girl and i go to open the ash tray to put some change in it. surprize!!!!!!! that piece of the car is out of service......that's right, the stupid thing won't open. “ok, i'll just make them fix it when i go back.”

next day........find a screw on the floor that obviously belongs to the car. now prepare yourself for the topper.

by the end of one full week of this crap............ THE CHANGER STOPPED WORKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, i bought one of the first 04 G35c 6m/t with every option barring the xm-stereo (i hated the thing on top of the car) and the body side moldings (didn't like 'em). i didn't go buy a base-model civic. i waited for my car on order for 3-months and in the past 10 months i have owned it, I have put only 7300 miles on it....and those are only from driving the thing for fun. the car only had one small scratch on the front of it and was flawless in every other way. would you think the owner of this car wouldn't notice a big a** scratch right on top of the center console???? “oh i know, lets cover it with a sharpie.....”

they are of course going to fix everything (i'm not sure if i trust them to try that), but i feel the need to advertize this one thing to everyone:

NEVER take your car to DISCOVER INFINITI OF ESCONDIDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GeeThreeFive

I have a story that sounds just like that one but at Valley Infiniti in Calif. It was one horror story after another. I have had my coupe 15 months and the latest is they replaced the power window motor and now my window doesn't drop and go up when the door opens. They also had to replace the tint from messing it up while fixing the window.Never had anything done right the first time.

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

Sorry to hear guys. Probably doesn't apply, but my coworker returned his car under a lemon law buy-back. Don't know the rules exactly, but it has to be in for the same problem repeatedly, and for a total of maybe 2 weeks, or 30 days, or something like that. Another NICO member I recall got a brand new Titan after having some problems with the one he bought. Yeah, it really sucks that they screwed up and then tried to hide it without being up-front about it. Really, though, I'm guessing the lack of ethics in that case was limited to the very person who caused the damage and used the sharpie on it.

Super Dave

trust me........i'll lemon law that car at the first chance i get. as far as the ethics comment goes, i have to add that i have made it VERY clear to them that the car is my baby, so trying to cover up a scratch right infront of my face would probably fall under stupidity. but then again if you work on the same kind of car day in and day out, you'd probably at least know how to put the piece under the steering wheel back on right. i mean, they have to remove and replace that part for any electrical or a/c problem. that a G has. i think someone needs to be fired.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

GeeThreeFive wrote:Never had anything done right the first time.

Fred..:(

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Also please do contact the Infiniti Customer 800-xxx-xxxx number. They are very responsive to complaints of this kind!

Z

Super Dave

maybe i'll give them a call tomorrow

GeeThreeFive

I may be a little hypocritical but unless the service manager is going to be replaced I really don't want to piss him off. They have ways of getting around cost that I might normally have to pay for. I did go to his boss at the dealership, and that is how I got everything straightened out, until next time.

Super Dave

i'm never going back after they fix it...... i'm gonna try Hoen in carlsbad. maybe they are better. they are closer to my house anyway.

GeeThreeFive

I've always wanted to go to Carlsbad, I don't know why. Is it a nice town? Probably pretty pricey.

Super Dave

it's warranty work, and i bet the prices are the same anyway

daddyo24

sorry about your problems,if you still don't like the antenna on top try my little trick with it beside the trunk hinges.let me know if it work for you.

bvanfossen

you have had some bad luck!!!! since the car is a new model- i bet the it was the mechanics first time doing the repairs. i would bet the servicewriters never noticed the damage- and the tech covered it up! i can assure you the tech got ripped by managers!! as for the regulator replace- they sub that out to an autoglass shop.i also would bet it was the autoglass tech's first time doing an r&r on the regulator, and during the remove/ reinstall process the tint got scratched. thats very common. normally they don't replace it because it aftermarket. the reg needs to be readjusted- and there is a sensor that might not of been plugged back in. you need to get that fixed ASAP!! the glass could break. the weakest part of glass is the edge, and there is a reason why the glass drops when being opened/ closed. good luck!!!

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

if anyone knows the story behind my rebuilt ka24e, I can sympthisize. I too havent had anything done right, and it's end up costing me alot of time and about 2 months of going without a car.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”