Major problem on FX35 2005

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
marginal-style
Car: fx35

Hello everyone and thank you for your attention, as well as your patience to read, and study my problem (which can come to all of us who have an auto box)

I am French, I reside in France, and at home, the FX35 S50 is a model almost unknown, can be 1000 vehicles in all Europe. In fact, it will be richer to know the experiences of my American "cousins", on which the number of FX S50 is larger.

I recently acquired a 2005 FX35 Car Box (Jatco Corp Car Brand, Model 92 121 (it looks, it's hard to read it) and reference 4921862.
My Car to 77 000 Miles ie 120 000 km

How the fault is produced.

In order to mount a back-up camera, using a LAMP
STANDARD WITNESS, I searched the + wire (positive) of the reversing lights.
To do this, ignition on (engine not started), reverse gear engaged, and those to turn on the reversing lights.
Then I put my lamp on a mass to the chassis, and in search of the + (Positive) with the tip of the stylus.

Once on the wire (a green) with the tip of my stylus, the reversing lights were cut off!

After searching, I found no fuses or relays that would have caused a circuit break.

Taken by time, because I had to go to work, telling myself "I would see that later", and at the time I wanted to start the Auto, NOTHING !!!
I tell myself, I'm stupid, I'm in R.
I put myself in position P, and re-start, and again Nothing!
The starter does not start, not the clack of the relay, but the petrol pump starts
My screen in the dashboard tells me nothing, and those no matter where I slip my gear selector.

I shake a little my gear lever by passing my selection of speed, and those several times while trying to start, in case it is a false contact, and also, nothing comes to the dashboard (it lights up Normally, the post etc) regarding my speed gear selection (which is located for recall in the towers account)

I put the 5 min battery off, so that may be it's a reset problem.

And again, I'm kicking.

I think maybe the battery is a little low.

I put a new 13.8 V, an amperage identical to mine recommended by Infiniti for the FX35, and the same conclusion

I have on the dashboard various warning lights that remain on despite the 3 seconds (I do not know if this is normal) after contact which are oil pressure (or level) warning light; Brake (I do not have the parking brake engaged, belt not worn, battery warning light, and Witness AWD.

To know that the car is in a parking garage underground residence. So complex troubleshooting! It is even more complex to find a person, who has the software, to pass my car to the diagnostic terminal OBD.

However, I have potassé, since here more than 6 days that the car is immobilized!

For me, it is quite absurd that the auto to the inability to start and the loss of the lights back, just after having done a simple test to the lamp lamp!

Especially since this auto is not multiplexed (My car does not have CAN)

So in potassing, I found symptoms more than strongly resembling my dysfunction! This corresponds to the fault of the "neutral position switch".

Out of my vehicle, there is not!

So I took an Ohmmeter and I searched little by little.

Already seen that I had a worry since I touched the positive lead of reversing lights (I did not touch anything else, the backlight wire is easy to find), but I wanted To be on, from where my test.
So I started to measure the tension. And this one is good, up to the gear lever! By the way, all the wire besides my arrived from (positive) on the shift lever and the negative, returns me tension information. That I do not know, if that's normal.

Regarding the gear selector, regardless of the gear engaged, I have no return to the ohmmeter, besides that of the P when it is engaged, and by a wire only. Otherwise, regardless of the selector, only the permanent + terminal of the voltage if opposed to the selector ground wire.

Concerning now the arrival of the voltage:
I do not have any voltage coming at the reversing lights, and I have a lot of voltage when I ground via more permanent at the selector (selector unplugged) and feet on the brake, without foot on the brake, I have No voltage.

I did not find any other defect on the vehicle.

Do you have any ideas ? Thank you for your help .

I believe I understood the risks, from a warning lamp on vehicles today !!

But in your opinion, that they would be the cause? The Selector is it finally a good track?

Is there anything else to check?

Merci à vous

EdBwoy

Hello marginal-style. Welcome to the board, although it is under such circumstances.

First, I am no electric expert, but I can guide you towards where your wiring diagrams would be. Our forum provides factory service manuals that contain directions, layouts & troubleshooting for most vehicle systems. Check out this link:
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/infini ... nuals.html

Other things that might help, but you might already know:
1. Nissan uses a constant hot (12 volt) wire, the ground wire is usually applied to engage the systems. So I'm not sure if you touched the wrong thing and burned up the gear selector unit or just blew a fuse.
2. I have heard CANBUS mentioned in other sub-forums and thought that most modern Nissans had that system, but that might just be in the US. It doesn't matter if you have already confired that yours doesn't though.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”