Maintenance Tire - What does this mean?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
jonkarn
Car: EX35 Balc/Black

This is coming up on the red screen in the dash. I don't think any of my tires are low, so not sure how to figure out whats wrong. Doesn't say which tire, or if any tires are low. Is there a way of figuring this out? Any suggestions?

gloa2000
Car: 04 Maxima SL, 08 EX35 LuxNav

Does your car have around 7500/15000/22500 miles?

It looks like its time to rotate your tires, check inflation, and reset it yourself.

I keep a tire inflator and digital tire gauge in my car - You should too!

You can reset it by pressing info / maintenance / 2nd maintenance option.

Here's a quick video on how it's done:

jonkarn

Just got the car Dec 08. It has about 1300 miles. So the maintenance-tire thing doesn't rest itself when the problem is fixed? I was wondering if when I replaced the valve cap if there was something I needed to do to reset the panel or if it would recognize the fix and turn off itself. Either that or theres something else wrong with the tires that I dont know about. Would be a shame to have to bring it in for repair with 1300 miles on it if I dont need to. What happens when you have a tire low on air? What shows up on the display?

302@12psi

That maintance screen can be altered by you via the buttons to the right of it.

You can set your own personal intervals to remind you of certain repairs. Obviously someone set yours really low. Just go into the programs and reset it or turn it off.

As far as your low tire light it'll look like a wheel with what looks like a screw in it...best way to describe it.

jmess

Go to page 2-23 of the owners manual and read about the maintenance indicators. You can reset them by selecting MAINTENANCE and changing the mileage intervals to more wallet friendly values. Remember how to do this because you will likely find the values reset to the less wallet friendly values after your next oil change.

The maintenance reminder, set to the shorter interval, is used to generate more service business. Experience shows (60%+) customers won't/don't read the owners' manual and believe the car really needs service. So you contact the dealer which gives them a chance to up-sell you services you don't need.

jonkarn

I believe the icon Im seeing on the screen is just the tire, no screw in it. I find it hard to believe that some preset maintenance interval had been set and has created this warning. UNless they mistakenly did that. A 1300 mile maintenance interval? Doesn't sound right. I will check manual.

jonkarn

Poster was right about the preset tire maintenance interval. it was set for 1250. I changed it. Wonder why they set it so low. Maybe trying to trick someone into taking it in?

302@12psi

They probably didnt switch it.....probably the way it came from the dealership. Mine were all stupid so I just turned them all off.

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

302@12psi wrote:As far as your low tire light it'll look like a wheel with what looks like a screw in it...best way to describe it.
Hehehe ... I don't think that's a "screw" ... it's an "exclamation mark".

Cheers,David

mathewdexter136
Car: 2018 Nissan Altima

You will see "maintenance tire" warning light on the car when your tires need attention. The tire could be over-inflated or have poor wheel alignment may be causing uneven wear. You have to rotate the tires every 7500 miles for proper wear to the tires because uneven wear will require you to replace the tires sooner than needed. You can check this article how to reset the warning.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”