mafs issue

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
surfer240
Car: Nissan 240sx with a SR20DET

my friends redtop has a surging idle from 1500_2000 rpm and the ecu is pulling a code 12 mafs.. so i swapped my redtop mafs and ecu to her car it still is pulling a 12, my car runs beautiful with her maf and ecu so my therory here iz... whoever did the wiring on this beautiful girlz car failed! does anyone know the ohm resistance values for the mafs wiring? i know the b/w wire volts is 12v and the black is ground the other is 5V... the ground is always in the middle of the mafs plug pin 2? and where is the best place to ground the maf? any help is much appreciated been searching around but i want solid facts here!

zachattack_5491
Car: Pignose S13 Redtop SR

You need to check the resistance at the MAF plug and the ECU for that wire that is getting 5V. That is the signal wire.

You mentioned it getting 12v, so check that off the list.
Test to make sure the ground is good.
Test the signal wire to make sure it reaches the ECU with zero resistance.

surfer240

Ok.. i checked the volts going to thre constant it was 11.8 good. then i checked the ground resistance.. good as well. the signal wire had no resistance but had no volts? so i went back to the ecu probbed in the mafs signal wire on the back of the ecu blue connector stll no volts and i had no resistance from my pigtail to the ecu blue connector! so im guessing the issue is in the blue connector i did investigate and noticed the pin on the ecu and in the connector look fine. no burns on the ecu board.. all the mafs wireing is soldered. is there a way to remove that one wire and pin from the blue connector?

kamilp1908
Car: Nissan S13 SR20DET

You can use niddle to remove wires from blue connector. It is very precise work, but You can do that. There is a little plastic "tongue", that you have to lift and then You can take out the wire.

surfer240

Tru.. very good info, ill swing thru for an update when it gets warmer!

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”