MAF shuts fuel down at 1500 RPM

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
2003PATHFINDER2022
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5
2006 Nissan 350Z

My 03 Pathfinder 3.5 VQ35DE manuel trans has a very strange fuel shut down issue at EXACTLY 1500 RPM but only when parade cruising in traffic, if I throttle harder it rolls right thru the 1500 RPM issue with out a single hick up. (very strange). I'm in Jaco Costa Rica and there at least 30 2nd gen Paths here. I go to my friend at the shop he puts the analyzer on it ad it comes up bad MAF censor, order a new one (no idea from who or where the part came from) No change, engine still noses over at 1500 in slow acceleration mode. Take the Pathy to the auto dealer where I just bought my 06 350Z they say the new censor needed to be re calibrated, made the adjustment and no help it only idled higher and still nosed over upon slow acceleration, reset the calibration, put the engine on an even more advanced style analyzer got the same bad MAF censor read. Can't seem to get the shop to order another censor saying to hard to find 'original equipment" type unit, I feel that they are hesitant to order something off Amazon, install it and have to carry the warranty on another import part of low quality and I can't say I blame them. My question to any mecanice that happens to read this, does my symptom sound like a MAF censor malfunction or some other gremlin that is sending a signal to the computer to affect fuel delivery at exactly 1500 RPM at slight or low acceleration?

macgiver

Curiosity asks , what does it do IF you simply have MAF disconnected ? Does it act the same ? Like maybe good parts are scarce in your neck of the woods ?

2003PATHFINDER2022
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5
2006 Nissan 350Z

Thanx, will try that, did not know that there is anything that can actually be disconnected on modern day overly gizmode autos and still allow it to be driven HA! I've had every kind of great muscle car back in the day and if ever I had a fuel delivery problem it normally involved ripping off the Holley carb and putting on a perfectly tuned Quadrojet or Carter AFB, sure do miss those days when I did not need two shops, 5 tecks and 3 different analyzers to tell me NOTHING! Good parts are hard to get in the States too, rebuilds anyway, I'm into my third REBUILT (from Mexico of course) power steering pump for my 76 T/A and all are junk! They either leak or make zero power assist, I contribute that to the probability of too many rebuilds on some of our old parts or simple stupidity on behalf of the rebuilding shops, it's hard to tell.

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”