Maf Sensor...

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
TommyyJ

alright well i see alot of guys swappin for the cobra maf when they swap for the sr20det...can you get the cobra maf and put it on a ka? or is there any other car you can get it from?

Daunttless

most people use the Z32 mafs, not the cobra one. Also, its not a direct swap, you have to reprogram for it.

TommyyJ

unfortunately i dont think i can reprogram for it, i have a 98...jwt says they do not offer reprograms at this time for obd II version 2...are the z32 mafs the same for twin turbos and and naturally aspirated engines?

Nick_240
Car: Playing guitar, and cars

Im not understanding this cobra and Z32 maf stuff? Is one off a mustang and one off a camero? Or is that a brand name? Just wondering, and how could that work with a stock ecu? Don't they send different "codes"??

Thanks

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

Nick_240 wrote:Im not understanding this cobra and Z32 maf stuff? Is one off a mustang and one off a camero? Or is that a brand name? Just wondering, and how could that work with a stock ecu? Don't they send different "codes"??

Thanks
:eek:dude.....OW. ow ow ow. you did NOT just mistake the slang/chasis designation "Z32" for a cheap drag car, IE the camaro. those are Z28's......ow.

Anyways,now that I got my fill of being an ******* outa my system, the mustang cobra and Z32(1990+ 300zx) MAF use the same harness and such, but have a different resitance, so you have to reprogram yor ECU to read it correctly, they are also larger in diameter, cand can detect(read) much more air (400+hp worth)..I think thats it(someone correct me if Im wrong on the harness thing..

UltimaSE

Just to clear this up since I'm a bit confused, the z32 MAF is from the turbo 90+ 300zx right? The NA and the turbo MAF I'm guessing is different. I'm just curious since I'm in the process of piecing togethor my fuel upgrade.

Thanks.

y3llows14

The MAF from the turbo and non turbo are the same.

I H8 UR DSM

and dont forget the J30 mafs : )

R240NA

Exar-Kun wrote::eek:dude.....OW. ow ow ow. you did NOT just mistake the slang/chasis designation "Z32" for a cheap drag car, IE the camaro. those are Z28's......ow.

Anyways,now that I got my fill of being an ******* outa my system, the mustang cobra and Z32(1990+ 300zx) MAF use the same harness and such, but have a different resitance, so you have to reprogram yor ECU to read it correctly, they are also larger in diameter, cand can detect(read) much more air (400+hp worth)..I think thats it(someone correct me if Im wrong on the harness thing..

You're wrong. Neither the KA, SR, Z32, or Cobra use the same harness. The early SOHC KA MAF can be used for an SR, but that's it. All require reprogramming and rewiring.

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

coo. thanks for the correction, I actually found that out after my post form balanced performance, I guess the Z32 has some extra ground wire or something. anyways, you they all require reprograming(that I knew) :p

UltimaSE

To bring this back from the dead, anyone know what year and specs are for the cobra maf? I'm still in the process of piecing togethor this fuel setup and I want to be able to know what I'm looking for exactly.

Thanks in advanceUltimaSE

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”