M56x Throttle response

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
slachance
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x
Delux Touring & Tech Pkg.

Wanted to know if others are experiencing this... There seems to be a delay in throttle response when I release the brake and hit the accelerator. I've gotten in the habbit of holding the brake w/my left foot when I come to a stop, then accelerating with my right foot as soon as I release the brake pedal. Often times there is a half second delay and then the car jolts forward as the transmission appears to engage..

I don't know if this is something with the AWD system, perhaps maybe the x-fer case, or if all M56s have this symptom... Have others noticed this? I recall experiencing the same symptom in the test M56x I test drove a few months ago, but I never test drove an M56/M56s real-wheel-drive..

RCA

Hmm, if your M is an automatic it is probably caused because you're not driving it like an auto was intended. I would try driving with only one foot and see if the problem persists.

lflorack
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x - Moonlight White/Java
Premium and Deluxe Touring Packages

slachance wrote:Wanted to know if others are experiencing this... There seems to be a delay in throttle response when I release the brake and hit the accelerator. I've gotten in the habbit of holding the brake w/my left foot when I come to a stop, then accelerating with my right foot as soon as I release the brake pedal. Often times there is a half second delay and then the car jolts forward as the transmission appears to engage..

I don't know if this is something with the AWD system, perhaps maybe the x-fer case, or if all M56s have this symptom... Have others noticed this? I recall experiencing the same symptom in the test M56x I test drove a few months ago, but I never test drove an M56/M56s real-wheel-drive..
I have a 37x and for the first 3,000 miles it did pretty much what your 56x is doing. As it got used to the way I drive, learned from it and then it got better and better. Now it's pretty good. Drive it normally for a while and see if yours doesn't improve.

slachance

Good info., Iflorack.. I was thinking the same.. Was wondering if the battery has to be reset to help the computer learn my driving style, but perhaps you're right that it will learn in time... Think it has to do with the AWD system, or does that have nothing to do with it?..

Blastphemy
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56
2010 Infiniti FX50

slachance wrote:Wanted to know if others are experiencing this... There seems to be a delay in throttle response when I release the brake and hit the accelerator. I've gotten in the habbit of holding the brake w/my left foot when I come to a stop, then accelerating with my right foot as soon as I release the brake pedal. Often times there is a half second delay and then the car jolts forward as the transmission appears to engage..

There are software updates for the 2011 M that fix these problems. ITB11008 is one of them. Your dealer should update both the ECM and TCM with Infiniti's patches.

There's also ITB10066 which improves some Bluetooth issues and adds Call Waiting functionality, but doesn't affect driveability.

slachance

Looking back thru my dealer paperwork, it appears those TSBs have been applied.. After doing a little more research on the issue, I found a thread on Edmunds town hall:
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f2026fe/0

It seems several others are experiencing this too. They have also had the TSB updates applied... Sounds like the problem returns after a period of driving... Very strange, but the symptoms all sound the same.. And I'm definitely experiencing the problem, especially when I move my foot from the brake to the gas quickly.. Even when just gently hitting the gas pedal. ..Anyone know if there's a new software update (TSB) available? This really needs to be fixed.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

This probably doesnt really have to do with your problem, but I know Infiniti limits engine RPMs when the brake is pressed. Even if the brake isnt pressed much, it will still limit the engine RPMs from going too high. It could be something to do with you pressing on the gas too quickly from having your other foot on the brake and the ECU is limiting things. Or maybe that isnt in the car's software anymore... IDK I am just going off what I know of the 2006 models and how it limits things.

slachance

Took it to the dealer last week and they told me I didn't have the latest updates to the ECM & TCM codes... I'm still not sure if there's been an update to the software, or if I only received an update to one or the other when they first updated the software several months ago.. Anyway, I'm not getting that delay/hickup anymore. Seems to have solved my transmission woes!..

Stretch92009
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

And here we are, May of 2015, and despite the TSBs, the problem persists.

Does anyone know of a tuner, maybe like GTM in Rancho Cucamonga, that had a remap to address this?

Thanks all!

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Moving this thread to the right sub-forum as this was missed in the initial migration.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”