Here are my updated Before pics - these were the worst of the bunch. You can see how the carbon is literally piling up on the valves and ports blocking flow.
I used a combination of CRC Intake Cleaner, SeaFoam Aerosol, Brake Cleaner, Toothbrush with trimmed bristles, and a sharp pick.
Let me tell you it was a pain in the neck. I wish I would have done the walnut blasting, but with how slow everything is taking to get delivered these days I decided to just go with the chemicals.
Driving impressions after cleaning, no they aren't spotless and shiny like the walnut lasted intakes, but they are clear from obstruction 98%. First day driving it was still smoking when I lid into the throttle at low RPMs. Burning off the residue of the cleaner and the extra carbon is what I am assuming it was. took a day and a half to stop letting out little white puffs of smoke here and there.
After the smoke cleared, WOW - it drives sooo much better. I notice it most in low throttle to part throttle. No more hesitation, no more hunting for the right gear to be in when going slow. It's like the car woke up from hibernation and is ready to go.
Well worth the time and effort. FYI - it only took me 45min to get the intake manifold off. It's easy enough I'll probably do the walnut shells here in a month or two LOL.
Let me know if you have any questions.