M45 Trunk Noise

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
BLTurner7

I have the most horrible noise which I think is coming from the trunk of my 04 M45. Dealer mechanics disagree and are ordering rear struts, trunk hinges and shocks. Noise started about 3 weeks ago and is getting worse. Can't hear noise outside of the car. Only from taking a spin. Any ideas?
Modified by BLTurner7 at 4:27 AM 11/2/2005

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

BLTurner7 wrote:I have the most horrible noise which I think is coming from the trunk of my 04 M45. Dealer mechanics disagree and are ordering rear struts, trunk hinges and shocks. Noise started about 3 weeks ago and is getting worse. Can't hear noise outside of the car. Only from taking a spin. Any ideas?
Welcome to NICO!

Can you describe the noise some more? Is it continuous or does it only happen on bumps, turns, etc.? Thumping or grinding or squealing, etc?

Z

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

Hi,

You should look further down the main M35/45 page to see another entry about rear end noise. (Anyone hear a hard noise from the rear) by ICSAMERICA.

Anyway, further to the point, I had earlier mentioned that I had it during the first day of ownership (about one month ago). It then became very faint and basically went away.

WELL NOW IT'S BACK, with a vengence. I am going to ask the dealer to look into it. It seems there are plenty of compalints going around on it, be it M35 or M45 Sport or not. So I am hoping that Infiniti generates a fix soon. To the best of my knowledge right now the dealerships are saying there is no problem to fix.

szh

Hi, Larry.

I am going to guess that BLTurner7's problem may be a different one since his is the 2004 M45 - as I recall, the suspension components (which is where I am think the problem lies) are slightly different.

But, I am, of course, not sure of this!

Z

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

szhosain wrote:Hi, Larry.

I am going to guess that BLTurner7's problem may be a different one since his is the 2004 M45 - as I recall, the suspension components (which is where I am think the problem lies) are slightly different.

But, I am, of course, not sure of this!

Z
You are correct sir. I saw M45 and ASSUMED it was an 06'. thanks for catching me... I have been known to kill people with my "sage advice"

BLTurner7

The sound is constant and intensifying; louder and louder. It sounds like fuselage on aircraft. I have ridden in the back seat and narrowed it down to coming from the trunk area.

szh

Hmmm ... here is another WAG.

Does it sound occur while the car is stopped? Is it a whining sound? Maybe it is a faulty fuel pump?

EDIT: never mind ... you mentioned that you cannot hear it from outside the car (is the trunk open?). Implication is you do not hear it when the car is still.Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”