M45 Rear Thump?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
PNWM454ME
Car: 2007 M45 Custom Paint 20" Lorenzo Wheels Stillen Cat-Back Exhaust 2" Eibach Lowering Springs

Hey everyone,

I have a new issue that popped up last week that I am hoping someone can help me with. I did a search but couldn't really find anything similar to what I am experiencing.

From a dead stop (or close to), if I moderate/aggressively hit the throttle, I feel a thump in the back. almost like something is lifting. It feels like it's in the rear, and from the drive train... not the exhaust. It's similar to what I felt in my Mercedes when an engine mount failed (but felt it from the front) and a failed transmission mount in a '96 Trans Am I had (but I felt it under the seats).

Could this be a broken differential mount or something?? Is anyone familiar with this issue on these cars?

Thanks!
~George

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

probably broken differential bushing, it is common on these cars. Go under the car and see if you see and black gunk leaking from any mount points on the differential.

PNWM454ME
Car: 2007 M45 Custom Paint 20" Lorenzo Wheels Stillen Cat-Back Exhaust 2" Eibach Lowering Springs

EniGmA1987 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:17 am
probably broken differential bushing, it is common on these cars. Go under the car and see if you see and black gunk leaking from any mount points on the differential.
That makes a lot of sense. I will inspect that while flipping my axels (which are clicking REALLY bad). This poor car needs some TLC.

Thanks for the feedback!

~George

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”