M45 Longevity

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
potatohead
Car: M45

I just bought an 03 M45, w/29000 miles on it. If I maintain it well how many miles can I expect to get out of this car inside and out?

conley_jb
Car: 2003- Infniniti M45 - Sport

I can't speak for the M45, but one of the reasons I bought mine was the fact that my brother-in-law had a 1991 Q45 and it is still going strong. After almost 250,000 the most espensive service incident he has had was a new tranny at about 180,000. The engines are great and if properly maintained and not abused should last. As for the interior, just like most Nissans you will start to see wear (especially on the leather) around 80k... the interior wear really depends on you and how hard you use the interior. This is my third Nissan (first was a 1988 200sx, second a 1997 Altima SE) and I have been very happy overall with all of them. The leather interiors to me show wear faster then the lcoth, but again it depends on the owner.

Hope that helps

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO, both of you!

One of the best things about Infiniti is that they do make some interesting cars for sure. But, I have to admit that the early Q45's may not be an indicator of how the newer ones are likely to behave or last.

With the one exception of the chain guide problem (applicable to the 90-93 Q45), the car was definitely over-engineered for its time. Within rational limits, those cars ought to last for a long, long time.

Over the years, partly due to cost-costing measures, the reliability and robustness, etc. of the Infiniti models has dropped somewhat. Not to the point where I would consider the marque to be in trouble at all - on the contrary, it holds its own against the world's best!

Regardless of the above, I expect my 2003 M45 to last easily over 100k to 150k miles without any major problems - my engine break-in habit has helped it have a low oil consumption (the one problem with this model years).

I plan to keep it going for at least ten years from my initial purchase (back in September 2003)!

Z

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

szhosain wrote:Welcome to NICO, both of you!

One of the best things about Infiniti is that they do make some interesting cars for sure. But, I have to admit that the early Q45's may not be an indicator of how the newer ones are likely to behave or last.

With the one exception of the chain guide problem (applicable to the 90-93 Q45), the car was definitely over-engineered for its time. Within rational limits, those cars ought to last for a long, long time.

Over the years, partly due to cost-costing measures, the reliability and robustness, etc. of the Infiniti models has dropped somewhat. Not to the point where I would consider the marque to be in trouble at all - on the contrary, it holds its own against the world's best!

Regardless of the above, I expect my 2003 M45 to last easily over 100k to 150k miles without any major problems - my engine break-in habit has helped it have a low oil consumption (the one problem with this model years).

I plan to keep it going for at least ten years from my initial purchase (back in September 2003)!

Z
It should indeed...... I suspect the VK/VQ series engines will last a while but maybe not as long as the VH/VG series.

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

Take care of it and it will go a long way. I had a 85' Maxima go to last May at 294k, could have fixed it but didn't. I have a 84' 300ZX with 160k on original engine and I expect to pick up my first social security check in that car (that is in about 20+ years). Take are of it, change the oil and fluids regularly and follow all recommended service and than some, you will have the car a long long time.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”