M45 CD Changer ...

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
dezm45

Russ, I thought I saw you mention somewhere before that you have FOUR cd changer cases ... was that for your M45, or your previous car ?

Because if it was for the M, I'd love to have at least 1-2 more. I've looked EVERYWHERE for one, but haven't found it yet. Do you, or anyone else, know where I can get one -- I wanted to make sure I got the right one (correct part # for the M).

I actually like the idea of it better (and the fact that it's in the glove compartment). I had the 6 disc IN-DASH changer in the Acura, and that was actually MORE of a pain in the butt than this! You can just POP the whole magazine now ... with the Acura if I wanted to pop CD#4, if was like a 3-step process.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

dezm45 wrote:I actually like the idea of it better (and the fact that it's in the glove compartment). I had the 6 disc IN-DASH changer in the Acura, and that was actually MORE of a pain in the butt than this! You can just POP the whole magazine now ... with the Acura if I wanted to pop CD#4, if was like a 3-step process.
This has occurred to me also. While obviating the need for a cassette to hold the CD's, in dash changers are a time consuming pain to load and unload. Give me the glove box or trunk changer any day where I can pop a loaded CD cassette in our out in 20 seconds and change 6 or 10 CDs at once. The expense of the CD cassette carriers is a negative, but the convenience is priceless.

I wonder if the individually loaded CD players will fade from the market place eventually.?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

When I got my 1991 Q45 many years ago, I was very concerned about being able to find the carriers later on. So I made it a point of buying an extra, just in case. And it was worth it - when I got the 1995 Q (in 1998), there was no CD carrier! :)

I am going to do the same with the M45 changer. I think it is a Clarion unit, at least that is what the box for the CD carrier says, so it might be possible to get them cheaper than through the dealer, I would think.

Z

dezm45

Now that you mention it .. I did see a reference to Clarion on the box that the magazine came in ...

Guess we can get it through them !!!:doh

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Got my XA10-B carriers through the Good Guys because they had some. Store will sell opened boxes for less, so check in person before ordering.__________________Brian1995 Q45 & Q45t & 2000 Q45

Discover the power of the button!

russg

dezm45 wrote:Russ, I thought I saw you mention somewhere before that you have FOUR cd changer cases ... was that for your M45, or your previous car ?

Because if it was for the M, I'd love to have at least 1-2 more. I've looked EVERYWHERE for one, but haven't found it yet. Do you, or anyone else, know where I can get one -- I wanted to make sure I got the right one (correct part # for the M).

I actually like the idea of it better (and the fact that it's in the glove compartment). I had the 6 disc IN-DASH changer in the Acura, and that was actually MORE of a pain in the butt than this! You can just POP the whole magazine now ... with the Acura if I wanted to pop CD#4, if was like a 3-step process.

I've got multiple cartridges for the M45, the boat, and a bunch of leftover over ones from previous cars. God forbid they should actually use the same ones. The cartidge (magazine) you want for the M45 is Clarion's model CAA-397. I bought three of them from a local car stereo shop that is a Clarion dealer. He only had three in stock at the time. If you can't find them locally, Crutchfield.com has them in stock for $29.99 each.

I guess the axiom of "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" applies to the CD changer in the M45. Every single press review complained about the changer in the glove box, so Infiniti gave the public what they wished for, an in dash changer. Huge pain in the *** and a big step backward if you ask me, which of course nobody did.

dezm45

Russ .. thanks -- I appreciate the part # .. I had already gone to Clarion's web site and found that page and printed it out and figured it looked like the one we have - you have confirmed that for me !

Some guy had a few on eBay, but they're gone .. hell Crutchfield sells em for the same price, I'll get one from them !

Yeah, I noticed one of the changes for 2004 was the IN-DASH cd changer .. I kinda like the one WE have in the glove compartment. I would like to see a 2004 M45 in the new BLUE color though .. just to see if I like it more than my Emerald Mist .. other than that -- I think those are the only 2 changes !! But it'll never beat the deal I got on the 2003 !!

Thanks again for the info Russ !!

russg

dezm45 wrote:Russ .. thanks -- I appreciate the part # .. I had already gone to Clarion's web site and found that page and printed it out and figured it looked like the one we have - you have confirmed that for me !

Some guy had a few on eBay, but they're gone .. hell Crutchfield sells em for the same price, I'll get one from them !

Yeah, I noticed one of the changes for 2004 was the IN-DASH cd changer .. I kinda like the one WE have in the glove compartment. I would like to see a 2004 M45 in the new BLUE color though .. just to see if I like it more than my Emerald Mist .. other than that -- I think those are the only 2 changes !! But it'll never beat the deal I got on the 2003 !!

Thanks again for the info Russ !!

I've seen pictures of a G35 coupe in Twilight Blue, and I think it will be an awesome color for the M, espsecially with chrome wheels (I'm a chrome wheel lover, especially with dark exterior colors). TB would probably have been my first color choice had it been available. The Willow interior and traditional wood trim would be really nice with the TB exterior.

SIDVICIOUS
Car: GOLF, NEW SON,

I PREFER THE GLOVE BOX LOADER OVER THE IN DASH. MY OLS CAR, 2001 S80T6 VOLVO HAD THE IN DASH AND IT TAKES TO LONG TO CHANGE THEM AND YOU HAVE TO SCROLL THROUGH EACH ONE TO EJECT AND REPLACE. THE VOLVO WAS MIDNIGHT BLUE AND WOULD HAVE LIKED THE M45 IN THE SAME DARK BLUE COLOR. I'M GETTING MY SPOILER PUT ON BY THE DEALER TODAY I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT LOOKS. DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE SAT RADIO SYSTEM??/

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Sid, WE CAN HEAR YOU!

Sounds like a nice car. I think all M45 are prewired for sattelite.__________________Brian1995 Q45 & Q45t & 2000 Q45

Discover the power of the button!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”