M37X passenger side front CV axle

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Nemick
Car: 2012 Infiniti M35X

Has anyone had any experience with after market front CV axles for a 2012 M37X. I am helping a good friend with his car and it seems as though the passenger side front CV axle (after market) was too short. We replaced it with a new (after market) front axle and it too seems too short. I say that it is too short because the inner CV pulls itself out of spline engagement in the diff and falls out. I have checked and the internal circlip is in place in the diff spline. The previous (after market) CV axle did not pull out of the spline, but would regularly pull off the inboard boot.

There is evidence that this car had some front passenger side suspension damage at some point but we have been unable to uncover exactly what was replaced. I can see that the knuckle and CV axle were replaced, but I thought I would check with the experts here to see if anyone had experienced something similar. We have since ordered a refurbished CV axle directly from Infiniti in the hopw or removing at least one potential issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
NM

macgiver

Reman / refurbished " Like a box of chocolates , you never know whatch ya gonna get ". If the one that was in there FIT , whether due to some "peculiarity" - whatever , that if you took it to a local rebuild shop is most likely to be ONE THAT DOES FIT than any replacement from anywhere else . Re-man is the last thing I would do , new is best ( never done due to expense) , local shop as mentioned next best (can correct if problem) , Me I do my own just as good - cheapest , WORST = reman/ refurb/rebuilt/screwed-up by rebuilder :rotfl
And I mean , it's a 2012? That axle can't so soon be beat-up ? Did-jya ?? Oh the damage , the humanity.......

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”