M37X issue: Driver side passenger door will not open.

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
agoodall
Car: 2011 M37x

So I left work last night and went to open my passenger door on the driver side and it wouldnt open. I tried from the inside and the outside...nothing :mad: . Put my window down to play with the lock from both sides, and when I put it back up there was grease on my tint. :mad: :mad:

Called Infiniti of West Chester, and dropped it off this morning. There is still 6k miles on the factory warranty, and I (begrudgingly) bought the Zurich Comprehensive Warranty (4yr/48k) with a $0 deductible. :ohno:

I told the Service Writer that I didnt want them to touch the car if it was going to cost me anything. I rather take my car to my buddy's shop and give him money than the dealership. They better fix that s*** today :nono: . I will keep everyone posted on the diagnosis and fix.

wideopn11
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x Moonlight White

Takeda CAI
Stillen exhaust w/ MeganRacing Y-pipe
SCALE coilovers 16K/10K F/R
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

I hope it wasn't the child lock :facepalm: but seriously, let us know what you find out.

agoodall

thought of that...but the outside handle doesnt work so dont see how it could be child locks. But who knows. I am ency as hell to find out what the deal was.

agoodall

Okay... the issue was a busted door lock actuator, and the grease on the window was from the door vapor barrier that someone had pulled/partial ripped of the door. When the service writer called me she implied that maybe my Window Tinter was to blame...really? What window tinter removes vapor barrier?

I told them to take pictures that I can send to the Tinter, but when I got to the dealership it was obvious that it was not my tinter nor my fault. I told them it had to be that way from before I bought it from them 2 months ago.

Infiniti of West Chester is honoring my warranty and fixing it all at no cost to me (allegedly)and they gave me a crap EX35 as a loaner for the night.

Happy but still annoyed that ALL dealerships are STEALERSHIPS.

wideopn11
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x Moonlight White

Takeda CAI
Stillen exhaust w/ MeganRacing Y-pipe
SCALE coilovers 16K/10K F/R
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

Well they are fixing it under warranty at no cost to you...it's unfortunate that you needed a repair but it sounds like they are taking care of it. I would have tried to get a better loaner though.

agoodall

wideopn11 wrote:Well they are fixing it under warranty at no cost to you...it's unfortunate that you needed a repair but it sounds like they are taking care of it. I would have tried to get a better loaner though.
I only got the loaner because at first they told i wasnt getting one at all and I said, "that's fine put all my panels/parts in my back seat I would rather drive my car than any of their's...The service manage back pedalled and said all she could give me is the EX35. I just wanted to get out of there before i went off.

The only reason I got them to honor the warranty is because I can be a d!ck and not smiling + stern stare + beard = get this customer out of here.

Total cost of dealing with Infiniti of West Chester... $0

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Why did you have concerns that the dealerhsip wasn't going to address/fix the problem if your car still have an active bumper to bumper warranty?

agoodall

because in my experience dealerships will do anything to get out of honoring a warranty. The fact that they wanted to blame my window tinter as a possible way to get out of honoring the warranty was expected on some level. Had I not been as knowledgeable about cars when they showed me the problem I have NO doubt they would have tried to charge me for the work.

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

Just glad you got ur ride fixed bruh

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”