M37x Goodridge braided brake lines

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
mikedamageinc
Car: 2012 M37x Touring
1999 Camaro SS
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
2008 Yukon Denali

I just installed most of the 22038 brake line kit. It is the six piece with two of them actually being two pieces hoses themselves (if you have seen the AWD hose setup that makes sense). The problem is the two front short hoses don't fit. They are supposed to connect to the factory hard line that connects to the other hose (that is the two piece). I emailed Goodridge and waiting to hear back. I can't be the first one to install these right? Anyone else?

SwissCheeseHead
Car: 11 M37x, 94 BMW 530i

I think you might be the first one to install them lol

CRV_33
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x

Did you happen to take a picture of all the hoses that came included with the kit? Also do you have the standard caliper or did upgrade to the Sport Akebono caliper?

I purchases kit 22039 that was requires that you re-use the brake tubes to connect to the brake caliper instead of the banjo bolt.

mikedamageinc
Car: 2012 M37x Touring
1999 Camaro SS
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
2008 Yukon Denali

SwissCheeseHead wrote:I think you might be the first one to install them lol
Ha! the funny thing is, they were backordered everywhere when I bought them. I wonder if they were prototyped already, but waiting for the first order to actually supply them. This isn't my hobby car so normally I would keep it bone stock, but oddly the brake pedal felt a little squishy so I wanted to firm it up. The first thing I did was bleed the fluid and replace with ATE DOT 4, turned rotors, pads still good, but it just wasn't as firm as my G35 was, which is funny since they are pretty much the same brakes. FYI, it does feel a little better now with all but the short front lines replaced, I wouldn't make the special effort other than if you are already doing a brake job though.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”