M37x Q70x & G37x Custom Y-Pipe manufacturing interest!?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
JCesar

You guys know how little aftermarket support we have for our cars

As an example, I have a M37x and my current exhaust setup is High flow Cats by Invidia "Switching them to Z1 Motorsports in a day or two" A full Stillen exhaust system. The Stillen system is not really full since it doesn't come with a Y-Pipe. They don't make one for our cars and won't make one at all. I talked to them on the phone a few times already about one with no luck.

Z1 Motorsports also doesn't sell a Y-Pipe that will work with the AWD models. The only support the RWD platform. I also talked to them on the phone a bunch of times regarding this. Our only Options are

1.- to buy a cheap low quality brand like a Megan Racing for around $150 "I bought two of them so far" nothing to brag about

2.- have a shop make a custom pipe "this is the option i see more people going with"

now here comes the good part to all this. I've been in talks with a very well known and reputable performance shop local to me and they are giving me the green light to have a custom Pipe done for our cars. It will fit both AWD and RWD models direct bolt-on but most important of all good quality like any other highend brand you can get for RWD models. something that will last and we won't have to worry about quality. it will fit stock setups and aftermarket since i'm using my car for fitment

With that said i want to know if this is something that you guys would be interested in so that we can make it? My spot to go in and start fabricating it will be in a month from now and can get more details at that time as far as materials and all. For example the flex part of the pipe will be just about the best it gets in the market as far as quality goes.

Pricing would be very competitive and much lower compared to a highend RWD one

This opportunity would give us more aftermarket options for our cars

:mike :woot:

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

A lot of people will say they have interest and then when it comes to actually paying...tunes change. How many cars do you need?

Ofna
Car: 2006 M35 Sport

Any chances they can make it for a rwd M56?

JCesar

Ilya wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:27 am
A lot of people will say they have interest and then when it comes to actually paying...tunes change. How many cars do you need?
Sadly i know how that is Ilya. I don't need any since they can use my cars for fitment and testing. this lack of aftermarket support i been dealing with since i got my 1999 G20t when it first came out

All the ideas that i have for our M37's is stuff i've done or want to get done. The Y-Pipe is the first of many. I can have one done so that anyone else can buy. My original plan is to change my Full Stillen system making it straight eliminating the Y section

the 2nd thing that i will do. I been talking with Mishimoto for a few months now regarding the nice baffled oil catch can kit they have for the G37/370Z. the Mishimoto HQ is in New Castle Delaware and i even told them that i can get them a M37 and also a M56 for fitment so that they can support our platform but they are not interested. I can have the shop here custom fabricate a bracket that will work with our cars so that we can use that kit. I really like their system because it is super nice and clean almost factory look like. here is the link

https://www.mishimoto.com/infiniti-g37- ... n-kit.html

not sure who would be interested but at the very least this is something that i want done for my car. i'm just willing to help the community since we have very little support from good aftermarket companies.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”