M37s 4WAS Traction Control

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Solaris1
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37s

I have a 2013 M37s my traction control light and 4was light keeps coimg on at the same time, I already had the rear rack assembly replaced about a year ago( a used one at that). a now those light are back. I know it cost about 7 grand for a new one which i cannot afford. I was told it's okay to continue to drive the car with the lights on? because the 4was is deactivacted when the lights are on. My question is Can the 4WAS and the traction control be deactivacted since these are only add ons options? Also is it possibel to just rebuild the motor on the rear assembly instead of buying a brand new rack? My car only has 88 thousand miles on it and this is the second time i'm dealing with this issue. Surely this can be deactivacted somehow, 4was is not needed i'm not racing the car. Anu help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Hi there.

If you search this sub-forum, you will find a thread where someone successfully replaced the motor to get it all working again.

skdeezee214
Car: 2011 M56 S

Hi this issue is a pain in the butt however it may be a simple fix. I have a YouTube video showing how to fix it. Share it with othershttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ9S2vVAV6s

or search on YouTube for "Infiniti M56 4WAS $5000 fix for $5...its about 4 mins long

I that you've already paid money to replace it.

Solaris1

Thanks for the vid good information. Turns out my problem was the Front Wheel Angle sensor, along with a new module. Replacing the rear rack assembly would not hve fixed my issues.

rjoe
Car: 2011 M56S

Did you replace the clockspring or a different part? I am in the process of fixing my ‘11 m56 with the 4WAS & traction lights, just replaced my front lower control arms that had ripped bushings. Can you provide the part number you replaced?

Glad to hear it’s working now.

Solaris1

My Front Wheel Angle sensor was replaced as well as my Front AV Control Module to fix a problem with the AntiLock Braking System. None of those fixes took care of the 4WAS and the Traction Control Light coming on the Dash, the code that keeps popping up points to the motor on the rear rack assembly going bad. the dealer wants 8 grand for this part, which is an insane amout of money. as i understand it this issue does not adversely affect the way the car drives. (please correct me if i'm wrong i'm not a mechanic). this is very poor and stupid design by Infinity, cost way too much to fix

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”