M37S 2012 4Was HELP !

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Abe4speed
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37 S
2011 Infiniti G37x S

Hi guys new here , I purchased a used M37S 2012 about 5 month ago from a guy who has the car for 2 years and he doesn’t know nothing about the car . So when I got the car he mentioned something about the light (4Was) and he said he never was able to figure it out.
When I got the car I jacked up the rear end and I have removed the cover off the motor ( hicas motor located on the back steering rack) and cleaned it up and nothing really happened the check engine lights stayed on and then I went on eBay and I found a complete rack with a motor and everything was good condition bought it and installed it and I still have the light on and my steering is about 15 degrees off to the right . I did a complete alignment on the car and then the light went away and the light will come back only after I drive the car for like one minute but when I turn the car off and turn it back on the light will go away until I start Driving but now about a week ago the light will always stay on and the steering wheel is off always .
I love the car but it’s really starting to get to me especially that no one really has a good diagnosis method to start somewhere . Any help would be extremely appreciated
The codes are :
P3800
C1138
P0209
I have a suspicion of the front HICAS steering shaft but I don’t really have a good way to troubleshoot it.
Is there any scan tool out there can actually troubleshoot this system besides the factory scan tool ??

blittle
Car: Infiniti M37

Had same issue 4-6 years ago, at times no issues other times lights would come on while driving and wheel would lock off center at whatever angle it was turned to at that moment and then would remain off center. Eventually everything locked up for a final time and luckily that time the wheel was hardly off center. It has now been that way ever since. I still have all the lights and issues to this day and have just lived with it being unfixable. Sorry not much help but just wanted to let you know this seems to be a fairly common issue and it doesn't seem like anyone truly knows what the fix is.

Abe4speed
2011 Infiniti G37x S

blittle wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:09 am
Had same issue 4-6 years ago, at times no issues other times lights would come on while driving and wheel would lock off center at whatever angle it was turned to at that moment and then would remain off center. Eventually everything locked up for a final time and luckily that time the wheel was hardly off center. It has now been that way ever since. I still have all the lights and issues to this day and have just lived with it being unfixable. Sorry not much help but just wanted to let you know this seems to be a fairly common issue and it doesn't seem like anyone truly knows what the fix is.
Same here my friend.

Abe4speed
2011 Infiniti G37x S

I promise though If I figure it out I’m making a YouTube video on how to fix this problem with details and everything.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I don't know about the lights and such, but have you guys taken a look at the motor and the motor fix on this forum? It's like a $40 part IIRC (where as the dealer wants thousands).

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”