M37 Vehicle Dynamic Control Warning

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
haleakalag

Hi. Just had a first with my always reliable 2011 low mileage M37. Was driving down the road and suddenly the car decelerated from 55 to around 30, wouldn't go faster, and the Vehicle Dynamic Control Warning light came on. The Service engine soon light also came on. I pulled over, shut the car off, turned it back on with the Vehicle Dynamic Control button off, and drove a few miles. The car behaved normally from that point forward. I drove a few miles, shut it off, then drove home with the vehicle dynamic control button back on and that warning light never came back on. The service engine soon light stayed on. I have since driven about 10 miles at many speeds, braking, uphill, downhill, etc, no more VDC light or issue. I did a self diagnosis test and the only thing that was there was "STEER ANGLE SENSOR CALIBRATION 2" dated 6/10/2014 (I've only driven a mile since that date). Was this a transient sensor failure?? Is the Steer Angle message from a week ago related?? (There was no warning light or driving issue at that time- only today). Thanks for any help or explanation. (PS- Just prior to posting I reset the Service Engine Soon light and drove a mile at high and low speeds, braking and various inclines with no warning lights of any kind currently on).

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

sounds strange, something is wrong, could be a fuse or so, is the car still under warranty? I would get it checked out, I found out letting things slide only causes other problems to arise. Some of the other fellas will chime in shortly and point u in the right direction as well. Me personally, never had that problem, I drive in sport mode, fast, slow, brake slow, fast and so forth. The only light that came on was my TPMS came on when I had my stocks rims /tires on and I had to put some air in the tire.

haleakalag

Thanks. It is still under warranty. I was going to have it checked out, but I think the urgency dropped off from almost having it towed to now appearing normal again. 3 months ago my stereo went nuts during a short ride, with the volume bass and treble setting screen popping up spontaneously, and even changing settings up and down 1 or 2 notches. That never happened again after I did the self analysis, with no cause. They do make me nervous with less than a year warranty left.

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

trust me I know, it's good to have it (extended warranty), good luck & keep us posted

skim35
Car: Infiniti M37 Sport

haleakalag wrote:Hi. Just had a first with my always reliable 2011 low mileage M37. Was driving down the road and suddenly the car decelerated from 55 to around 30, wouldn't go faster, and the Vehicle Dynamic Control Warning light came on. The Service engine soon light also came on. I pulled over, shut the car off, turned it back on with the Vehicle Dynamic Control button off, and drove a few miles. The car behaved normally from that point forward. I drove a few miles, shut it off, then drove home with the vehicle dynamic control button back on and that warning light never came back on. The service engine soon light stayed on. I have since driven about 10 miles at many speeds, braking, uphill, downhill, etc, no more VDC light or issue. I did a self diagnosis test and the only thing that was there was "STEER ANGLE SENSOR CALIBRATION 2" dated 6/10/2014 (I've only driven a mile since that date). Was this a transient sensor failure?? Is the Steer Angle message from a week ago related?? (There was no warning light or driving issue at that time- only today). Thanks for any help or explanation. (PS- Just prior to posting I reset the Service Engine Soon light and drove a mile at high and low speeds, braking and various inclines with no warning lights of any kind currently on).
I to had this issue, today driving on the freeway suddenly the car slowed itself down suddenly, got off the freeway then when I tried to step on it it wouldn't go the car again stopped itself and felt like the limited slip came on..I also have a 2011 M37 Sport. Did you take it in to the dealer? What did thy say/do? to solve the problem. I made an appointment at the dealer.

haleakalag

Hi. I turned off the dynamic control and restarted it back in June and the car was back to normal. Then I put dynamic control on again. I've drive several thousand miles since and it never happened again. I was going to take it to the Nissan place here (no Infiniti on Maui) but they are so bad with Infiniti's I decided to let it play out. As per above, I've had a few transient glitches with my beloved M37, mostly the stereo/ Bluetooth etc, always reverted back to normal and never recurred.

skim35

Thanks i'll try turning the dynamic control off then back again.

skim35

haleakalag wrote:Hi. I turned off the dynamic control and restarted it back in June and the car was back to normal. Then I put dynamic control on again. I've drive several thousand miles since and it never happened again. I was going to take it to the Nissan place here (no Infiniti on Maui) but they are so bad with Infiniti's I decided to let it play out. As per above, I've had a few transient glitches with my beloved M37, mostly the stereo/ Bluetooth etc, always reverted back to normal and never recurred.
Worked thanks :dblthumb:

Wonder why it did that in the first place?

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”