M37 Intake Tubes

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Mo1290
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x S

Hey guys,

New to the community but have been reading the posts for quite some time. I ultimately wanted to give my 2013 M37XS a little more power in a budget friendly way. After reading the posts I will be doing Kinetix HFC, Stillen near cat back (Quiet while crusing, but deeper tone under harder acceleration), and a tune (Uprev or Ecutek..not sure which one).

I have 1 issue that I couldn't really get the answer to or perhaps need a little more help with: I wanted to leave the intake as is but replace the tube above the MAF sensor and add a drop in WIX filter or anything except K&N (not a fan of the oil, as I heard they mess with the sensors). I noticed that the V8 is the only version that is compatible with the tube. Not looking to do the long tube intake, and R2C seems to require mods to fit. Do you guys have any suggestions on where I can get a tube that fits or should I go with the AEM CAI with the heat shield which is a direct fit?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

You may be able to do some modifications and install only half of any particular CAI to achieve the result you want (I agree, CAI's are not good).

Mo1290

Ilya wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:46 pm
You may be able to do some modifications and install only half of any particular CAI to achieve the result you want (I agree, CAI's are not good).
Thank you for the reply. I was wondering though, if I were to keep the intake stock and do the other mods (HFC, exhaust, tune) and upgrade the drop in filter, would i get the same amount of power?

Mo1290

Ilya wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:46 pm
Sorry, I forgot to add a point to my last post..I guess what I would like to say is.. Based on your comment I would be able to get the results that I'm looking for by doing a CAI (even though it's not ideal) plus the rest of the mods?

Sorry for reposting..just wanted to make it clear..lol

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

No, I mean you would only do half of the CAI, meaning using the long tubes and possibly cut them to connect to the stock airbox.

IMO upgrading the drop in filter with something slightly better quality and doing the rest of the mods is the way I would go. CAI's are overrated and in most applications are actually HAI (hot air intakes) because they are not properly shielded from the hot air.

Mo1290

Ahh ok, I see what you mean now. Yea, your statement totally makes sense. Thank you so much for your advice. It’s much appreciated. I will do it the way you proposed :)

Ilya

Other options is to go to a tuner shop and see if they will custom make you a long tube to fit your use case, etc. There is ways to get this done, but it might $$$.

I personally wouldn't just do the other mods and get a good filter and call it a day if I ran into this issue.

Mo1290

Exactly! i tried looking online for someone who has ever done it, and found nothing. Which means a custom shop is needed. I'm not willing to go that far to have it done. the best and cost effective option is to do the other mods and get a good filter. I started a new thread for the filter. Not sure if I could add it in this thread :)

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”