M37 Audio/Nav display screen temporary glitch

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
haleakalag

Hi. Had an odd one last week. Was listening to my M37 hard drive stereo and suddenly the bass, then treble, screen popped up superimposed on the standard display screen. Each time there was a little chirp, and the bass or treble bar would be there at the bottom of the display. It would spontaneously move the setting one to the right , then back to the middle, each time with a little chirp. Nothing I did would crest or stop this. It happened around 30-40 times while driving for 20 minutes. I later shut off everything, and it still did it. Finally, I did a system test where you hold the setting button and turned the volume knob. There were 2 error messages, not sure either was relevant. Anyway. It has not done it since. Anyone ever hear of this?? And does that test mode reset things/ reboot like a computer or was the glitch stopping just a coincidence? Thanks much.

TDot
Car: 2008 M35X, Lakeshore Slate/Tan

Someone else with your car ca probably jump in and say something, but in my opinion take your car in and hopefully you have a warranty and have them replace the system...even if its common. If the error does in fact reflect what happens then you are good. Either way, I would make sure I have a video of the situation because if the error doesn't reflect the actual problem, they may say they don't see an issue and send you on your way. Something like that sounds like a straight malfunction and something you shouldn't even bother trying to investigate. It simply shouldn't happen. Good luck.

haleakalag

Thanks. It is still under the warranty. I called the dealer and they never heard of that happening, but were investigating. Was curious if anyone ever had this, even with other car with a hard drive/Nav.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”