M35X Screen Readout of CD info

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
BillB
Car: M35X

Just got my M35X, and I am trying to figure out if the screen will show detailed track info (identify names of songs) while playing a cd. I have navigation so I don't have an audio text button. My SAT radio, Sirius, shows that info when I hit the status button but doesn't do so with a cd. Any thoughts, please?

Ryan B
Car: 2006 M35X

I don't think this information is stored on a regular CD. With Sirius, the track information is sent to your car receiver along with the audio. You can see the track titles if you burn your own CD-Rs with MP3 or WMA files though.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Ryan B wrote:I don't think this information is stored on a regular CD.
Exactly right!

An unfortunate limitation of the original Red Book architecture for the audio CD formats.

Most computer players (like WIndows Media Player) get around this by accessing a central database, sending it the number of songs and the length of each song, and somebody has entered in all the names hopefully! Then the player can show the titles. Otherwise, you are out of luck!

Z

SANdood

The display will report CD-Text info, if it is available on the CD (CD-Text is on some, but not most new CDs). On the default display, you'll get album title and song title; in the detailed screen I think you also get the artist.

You can access the Audo Text on models with Tech/Journey by pressing the "DISC" button, then selecting the "Audio Text" button.

waldis

i played a self made cd and i forgot which menu i was at, but the screen displayed 2 out of a total of 12 song titles. I think the rest 10 did not display because the it is an asian music cd so the file names/name of those 10 songs were not in english

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

SANdood wrote:The display will report CD-Text info, if it is available on the CD (CD-Text is on some, but not most new CDs). On the default display, you'll get album title and song title; in the detailed screen I think you also get the artist.

You can access the Audo Text on models with Tech/Journey by pressing the "DISC" button, then selecting the "Audio Text" button.
Yes, agreed, the presence of the CD-Text info is rare, particularly on older CD's that conformed to the original standards! I have somewhere near 600 or 700 CD's where the info is definitely not present, unfortunately!

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”